Workshop with Tiled roof

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mike, I actually didnt realise that OSB or ply served the purpose of stiffening up the structure and arresting any diagonal movement as well as holding the insulation in place.
As you say insulation is cheap as chips so I will add this to my list of materials

Thanks again for the assistance

Gerry

Hi Gerry.

I've only a minute. Have a read of the threads linked to in my signature for a detailed overview of shed building. Stud walls will take the load of any roof......it's the base you need to have strong enough to support the imposed loads.
Mt workshop build has started footing and slab are to be finshed this week so I am doing some planning. Is there any standard fixing for stud walls , I am going to use 45x100mm size studs and have a load of 4.0mm x 70mm wood screws will these be suitable it would just save a few quid getting another size?

Gerry

Hi

Whilst you are building the stud walls make a note or drawing of the structure using datums that will provide usable measurements when completed after they are covered. This makes putting shelves etc up much easier as you will know where you have good fixing points. Also add extra noggins to provide plenty of wall fixings later on. I made all my frames from 4by2 CLS including the roof trusses, and run a ridge beam as it provides better stability for the trusses. I used imported slate for the roof and covered the roof with boards first as this gives some insulation but more importantly increases rigidity of the structure. Over this you put battens on vertically and then your horizontal battens to which the tiles are fixed and ensure ventilation is used on the ridge tiles.

Back