Workshop 'widows'

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

condeesteso

Established Member
Reaction score
First and quite rightly, 'widows' are the ones feeling left out... no gender implied etc.

Good, now to the point. Suddenly today my wife said 'is there a site for woodworking widows?'. Maybe there is, but how about UKW adding a forum tab 'Workshop Widows'. My 'widow' knows a very lot about gardening, parenting, the Second War... for example. But right now wants to know the best way to get wood chips off a posh jumper I wore by mistake. #-o

Seriously, is there a mirror community out there?

You could always unwork the wood you were working? Or a pair of tweezers a magnifying glass, a beer glass or several and a lot of patience 8)

If she were like my OH with 3000 sq M of garden to look after you would have your problem sorted and the only problem would be to find her to get you hard earned meals sorted. By the way, I'm not allowed out in the garden on my own because SWMBO reckons that the only thing I like doing is cutting things down and that is totally unfair because I like cutting thing up as well :roll:

Just as a matter of interest, why do you have any 'posh' jumpers? All of mine are wearable in any circumstance, well, untill OH sees them, then i may have to change :oops: :oops:

Just as a matter of interest, why do you have any 'posh' jumpers? All of mine are wearable in any circumstance, well, untill OH sees them, then i may have to change :oops: :oops:

I thought that was just me. Sometimes we decide to go out, she looks at me and says "Well are you going to change" I look at her and say " I think that's highly unlikely after all these years dear" She rolls her eyes and blames my Mother.

Alan

Woody Alan":2gxyj26k said:

I thought that was just me. Sometimes we decide to go out, she looks at me and says "Well are you going to change" I look at her and say " I think that's highly unlikely after all these years dear" She rolls her eyes and blames my Mother.

Alan

Snap x 2!!

condeesteso":2467wol2 said:
...But right now wants to know the best way to get wood chips off a posh jumper I wore by mistake. #-o
Tell her a blow to the ear with a cast-iron skillet gets the message across quite well - or so I'm told by people with posh jumpers... ;)

condeesteso":2zmc7iwl said:
First and quite rightly, 'widows' are the ones feeling left out... no gender implied etc.

Good, now to the point. Suddenly today my wife said 'is there a site for woodworking widows?'. Maybe there is, but how about UKW adding a forum tab 'Workshop Widows'.
So, um, not only inviting them within 50 (virtual) miles of this forum, but also providing somewhere they can all gang up together and exchange tips on how to get the To Do List fulfilled, limiting tool acquisition and so forth...? Um, I can't help wondering; have you really thought this through...? :-s

Everytime I see this thread in the forum - I keep seeing

Workshop 'windows'

and wonder who's made some for their shed. Then realise windows has nowt to do with it. :mrgreen: :lol:

My wiNdows are quite clear

DSC08426.jpg

Well Douglas, I don't see anything stopping my Missus opening an account on the Forum and posting a pertinent comment in the General-Chat section. Well, there is one thing stopping her. She is not PC literate, and has no desire to learn. Although she does have a good larf at some of the posts from time to time.

But there you go. Maybe I am lucky? :D

Latest posts

Back