Workshop Vacuum

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

will1983

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I am in need of a new vacuum for extraction from small power tools, rail saw, biscuit jointer etc and wondered what everyone (particularly those in the fitted furniture trade) recommend.

I already have the Titan vacuum from Screwfix and whilst it is very good extraction wise it is also incredibly noisy!

I will be using it in the workshop and also in Client's homes so needs to be portable, quiet and have really good extraction capacity. It would also be very useful if the machine had on board cord and hose storage. At present I am just wrapping those around the Titan but this is very awkward and not very secure, I've lost count of the number of times these has come loose whilst carrying it up flights of stairs!

I am considering the Festool Midi as this seems to be the only machine that does what I need.
With this in mind, budget is fairly unrestricted as long as the product meets my needs.

You'll not like it but Festool is probably the best for you, esp carting it and your other gear around. I usually by Nilfisk Aero which are great but they're still a bit noisy and I don't cart them around much.

The Festool Midi is a great little extractor, I have had mine for quite a few years now.

Do you have any other Festool kit, if not you soon will after you buy the Midi.

The Fein Dustex get pretty good reviews, and are apparently really quiet, as extractors go... Reasonably priced as well.

I don't have one myself as I only heard about them after I got the Festool one.

Cheers Grawschbags I'll give the Fein a look.

I'm not averse to buying the Festool Midi if it'll do what I need, that's the most important factor. The only thing that concerns me about that is I don't have any other Festool equipment so I don't if I'll have any compatibility issues. (Makita track saw and biscuit jointer).

Someone on TWH2 suggested the Makita VC3012M which looks like a strong contender at the moment. Does anyone have any experience of those?

Back