Workshop Tour.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippyjoe

Established Member
Reaction score
IMAG0932.jpg

Hi, welcome to a tour of my workshop. I have been doing a bit of a revamp in here and have nearly got it as I want it. The main concern was to improve my dust extraction and do the best I could with the budget I allowed myself. It is hard to spend money on this when you could be spending it on new tools :lol: but thought this is the time to try and get it better. In an attempt to free up some valuable floor space,the Axi ADE1200 dust extractor had to go and was replaced by the wall mounted Record DX5000. The Record has plenty of "suck" with it's twin motors but is a bit on the noisy side but bearable.

IMAG0933.jpg

More ducting!
IMAG0934.jpg

The Jet air filter in it's temporary home,but will probably never get moved.
IMAG0935.jpg

Boring picture of part of the ducting system. It is the Y sections,blast gates and fittings that really bang the price up but was determined to try and get it right this time.
IMAG0936.jpg

The jewel of my workshop, I have not had this long and will do a review in time if anyone is interested. It is the KF700S saw/spindle with scoring blade and a 2.5 metre sliding table.
IMAG0937.jpg

My P/T which is a Hammer (does not sound quite right!) A3 41. I picked this up off e-bay a few weeks ago. Nice bit of kit and pleased with it so far. Waiting for a wheel kit to arrive from MK (P/T weighs nearly 500kg's) so it can be moved to its new home away from the Felder in case it gets an inferiority complex :shock:
IMAG0938.jpg

My workbench which I am a bit ashamed to show compared to some of the ones that have been shown on the forum! However it works for me,and there is lots of storage space underneath for routers,sanders etc. Selection of clamps on the wall and the radio/CD in the glass fronted cabinet. The fence to the left of the bench is the spindle fence for the Felder.
IMAG0939.jpg

Opposite the main bench I have a smaller one that also has a lot of storage space,as I belong to the "Put it away brigade" as it keeps it cleaner and safer although sometimes you would not think so. Also a selection of Bessey clamps that I really like.
IMAG0940.jpg

A better picture of the bench,the fence belongs to the P/T. The covered item is surplus to requirements (Elu router table) and will soon be on e-bay.
IMAG0941.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality,but one of my loves is following this team through the years right back to the late 60,s when I was a nipper so no glory hunter here !
IMAG0942.jpg

More storage space,can't have enough of it can you. The Tormek and Makita saw above.
IMAG0943.jpg

Axminster pillar drill which I bought for a specific job and thought after that it would not get used a lot,but has been invaluable.
IMAG0944.jpg

The junk room! although it is not a very practicle part of the workshop it is handy for storing tools,boxes and boxes of screws,fixings etc.
IMAG0945.jpg

More or less the same shot as above.
IMAG0946.jpg
[/img]

Finally,head of security! He looks friendly enough,but he has had his moments (thats another story) can't show you his brother as well as the two of them dont get on and this one is the poseur!
Well that is my workshop (at the moment :wink: ) hope you enjoyed the tour.

Mark.

Nice tour, thanks for sharing your workshop. :)

I can see why you wanted to replace your ADE1200 with a wall-mounted system. There probably is some way in which you can 'insulate' that Record extractor to keep the noise down a bit... :-k

Looks like your air filter's working well! :wink: I think the Jet came out on top in a recent test in The Woodworker.

Thanks for the tour, i think everyone enjoys a peek into other peoples workshops every once in a while :D
Quite a nice well kitted out workshop too, Your bench beats my workmate any day :lol:

Woody.

Good tour, thanks. SWIMBO saw me browsing and thought it was a "spot the difference" competition!

The bench might be less then perfect but your machinery makes up for it! Those are some big beasties, do you make a lot of very large things?

Aidan

Excellent. A nice amount of space. Always good to see other's workshops - useful for ideas :D

Boz

Thanks for posting. I was wondering how you like the Felder Saw/Spindle Molder? I have been looking at one of these for ages, dreaming of buying one at some point and would love to know your impressions of it. I was also looking at the Felder P/T so would also be interested in how you thing the Hammer compares in terms of build quality etc.

Thanks for the kind responses people.

Mick Cheese, in answer to your question,not big enough!!! On a serious note it is a double and a half but plans are afoot for more space.

Aidan,bigger projects are on the way.

noddy 67,when I have done a bit more on the Felder,I will post a review.
But at the moment I only have good things to say about it.
3 months ago when I started to do my homework on various saws I narrowed it down to either something from the Hammer range or the Rojek range.
Both these makes are very good,but on visiting the Hammer showroom at Milton Keynes (which is also the Felder showroom) to place an order for a Hammer saw/spindle I made the mistake of looking at the Felder range :shock:

The difference in quality is there to see,does not mean that Hammer is not any good just that the Felder is so much better IMO.Having said that you pay for the quality!

It is hard to explain,you really need to go and have a look for yourself if you are serious about buying.You also need to do your homework on what ever saw you decide on because there are endless extras that you can have when you order,some of which you can only order at the time of paying your deposit.

My advice would be to phone them up and get yourself their latest catologues and have a look.
With regards to the P/T I could not really justify buying a Felder one,as good as they are. In fact I was going to buy a Jet one it was only seeing the Hammer on e-bay and making a bold buy it now offer that I ended up with it. The only thing I can compare it to would be my old Kity P/T which is a bit unfair.
I hope some of this makes sense,any more questions please ask.

Mark.

Back