Workshop rules & regulations.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garywayne

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. (Not sure if this should be here or the Chat room).

This morning I was watching Cutting Edge on TV. There was a time when Paul Bradburn used his table saw and when he had finished I heard the blade/motor slowing down, which made me think of the forum, and people talking about the rules and regulations of the workshop, and table saw blade slowing down times, and not being allowed to have a stacked dado cutter without a certain guard, and so on.

Where do all of these regulations come from?
Are they law, or guidelines?
Are there different rules for pro workshops & hobby workshops?

If I had not come across this forum, or some other perhaps, I would know nothing of these rules or laws, and bearing in mind dado cutters are sold over the counter here, and seen in use on TV. The only stipulation that I have seen is, the Australian on the Great British Workshop saying to make sure you have a long enough arbour, (or it will fall off). I also remember reading in a woodwork mag that it is illegal to use a dado cutter in this (England) country. That was two years ago.

Whereabouts of Rules & Regulations greatly appreciated.

ATB Gary.

The rules are published and enforced by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) a google should find them.

Most apply to commercial use but common sence dictates that we should all follow them in the home workshop.

Jason

P.S. If you do a search on this forun for "dado" you will have many hours of happy reading.

Jason

garywayne":1dp2s484 said:
the Australian on the Great British Workshop

Off Topic, but that always confused me. Odd name to call the show seeing as he was not a Brit?

Thanks Jason, the HSE is just what I was after. It will give me some light reading tomorrow.

My thoughts exactly WiZeR. I suppose the actual workshop is in England, or should I say Britain.

ATB Gary.

Latest posts

Back