workshop power tool help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wingnut

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all i'm new to this site.
I am needing so help with what power tools to put in my workshop.i am wanting table saw,thicknesser,jointer,mortiser,drill press,sander.i am not wanting to spend silly money mabe £2000 max.as there alot o different machines on the marked i dont no what is good and what machines are bad.cheers

The workshop is 9m+5m.iv been a joiner for 18 years and want to make some chairs tables ect in my spare time

I disagree. If it is for hobby use and items are bought secondhand, then you should be able to get most of it for under 2k.

table saw- kity 419 or axi ts200 £350ish used
bench top thicknesser- £200ish used eg dewalt dw733, axi ct130
jointer axi ct150 say £250 used,
mortiser £150 used, no ideas on models, but they come up regularly enough on ebay
drill press, say £150 used- various discussions on the forum.
sander ?? I I am not sure what you want here.

If you were so minded you could spend a little more on some British cast iron of old and do it up. The above kit is more than usable to achieve what you want to. You can upgrade in time if you choose. You might get most of your kit new for the 2k, but will get better stuff if you buy used. A bandsaw may be worth condidering.

Back