Workshop on line, just

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveL

Established Member
Reaction score
Some time ago I threatened to setup a web cam in my shop, well I have done it. :shock:

It is not to the same standard as Norms. :norm: And it is just balanced in place with full credit to Heath Robinson. :roll:
This is the picture:
01.jpg

It should be updated every minute if I have the thing live. The kit all needs putting into proper homes where it can be left, but I am so pleased that the assortment of old computer bits along with a few new ones is now working I just had to post about it. :oops:

This link should take you to a page that should update every minute, if you can stand the pace. \:D/

Thats the sort of activity I like to see dave........dave............dave are you there?

Bean

Dear Almost Haunted

I'm sure I can see orbs on your webcam. They can't possibly be dust because there's a dust extractor.

I'm not detecting a presence but there does seem to be some residual energy.

Yours

Derek Acorah

;)

I think it's very brave of you, Dave. I don't think I'd have the guts to do it :lol:

BTW - how did you set it all up?

And surely you didn't get suckered by one of those pants Draper Tilt 'n' Clamp Workbenches as well ? Looks to be one lurking in the background :lol: :lol:

Don't you find it a bit difficult working in your workshop wearing a balaclava - look like the guy from the Milk Tray ads. Why don't you use the lights instead of a torch? Also, where are all your tools?
:wink:

Don't you find it a bit difficult working in your workshop wearing a balaclava - look like the guy from the Milk Tray ads. Why don't you use the lights instead of a torch? Also, where are all your tools?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Tim

Well this seemed like a good idea, but like most of my good ideas its gone pear shaped. :evil:

The old pc that I rebuilt for the shop is a 1GHz athlone with 512Mb of ram and as you can see from the picture it did work. :D But now when I start the web cam software it grabs 99% of the cpu and works its way thought all of the memory, until xp waves the white flag. :roll:

I have uninstalled the software, rebooted the machine, reinstalled the software and its just the same. ](*,)

So until I get time to rebuilt the machine, your'll just have to imagine that you can see whats going on in my shop. 8-[
No sniggering at the back there its a wood workshop, OK. [-X

As they say Normal Service will be Resumed, when we find out what normal is. :wink:

Gill wrote :

Dear Almost Haunted

I'm sure I can see orbs on your webcam. They can't possibly be dust because there's a dust extractor.

I'm not detecting a presence but there does seem to be some residual energy.

Yours

Derek Acorah

LMBO Gill :D :D :D :D :lol:

That Derek Pakora bloke really does my head in...

Sorry, my mistake, a pakora ia a greasy, soggy, horrible smelly pasty type thing isn't it.:?

Well, maybe i was right in the first place...

G

Too true, Gary. And I do like your name for him - very appropriate :lol:.

A 'friend' took me to see Derek Pakora on stage a little while ago and I can only say how grateful I was that I didn't spend my own money on the tickets. He was such a disappointment (phew! I was in danger of expressing a potentially libelous comment ;) ). My friend had just finished his latest book in which Pakora predicted that Liverpool FC would experience football glory again, but not for many years. Of course Liverpool won the European cup in that same season.

By contrast, when I saw Colin Fry live I was completely astounded; I'm such a sceptic, but I'll be blowed if I could work out how he was coming up with the goods. It certainly wasn't cold reading, nor could he have had half the audience filled with 'plants'.

But there's definitely something strange happening in Dave's shop; I'm sure I saw a shadow that looked like Rico Daniels. It must be something to do with Hallowe'en.
anismiley.gif

Gill

A 'friend' you say Gill? Hmm, maybe time to choose your 'friends' more carefully :lol: :lol: . No, only kidding...

Yeh, but the other guy thats started on M.H. seems ok. David Wells is it?? I dunno, something like that.
But yes, Colin Fry seems quite convincing. I'm not a complete believer, but i'm sure we're not alone and i guess i'm just watching to see if anything does happen one day! :D

Meanwhile I'm content in seeing Yvette Fielding 'pap' herself everytime a moth flies past the infrared camera, or her cries of:

'Didyouhearthat! Didyouhearthat! Something just laughed in my ear!!!'

and the soundman with thousands of poundsworth of recording equipment gets.... nothing! Hilarious!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just my twopennys worth :p

Anyways, Back on subject I can't even get Dave's camera on my 'puter :cry: Has he removed it already? Or switched it off?
Aaaw, missed it :(

G

Charley":16ipbf8u said:
Dave, how about something like this; IP webcam no need for a computer...
Yes but it cost more than I have spent on the machine in the workshop, including the camera and when its working I should be able to play my MP3 files on it as well.

This was a Skinflint production. :wink:

Dave,

If I was you, I'd stick an older version of Windows onto the computer. It won't be as resource hungry and should work better.

Gill, Gary,

Used to wonder about Derek but always thought that he must be told where to turn up so a quick Google will turn up most of the 'hits' that he comes up with.
Had a good laugh once watching him getting 'possessed' by some spirit that was making him act all distressed when suddenly he gets an itch and has to scratch his nose. Bit of a give away to me that one.

Dave wrote:
This was a Skinflint production.

Aha, the old 'Skinflint Inc.' eh? I know them well!!
Using them on extending the workshop as we speak...
It used to be 7'x7' but has extended to 18'x7' and i was gutted at having to buy some roofing felt at a cost of 40 quid!!! :shock: Dammit it was all going so well too. AND i'm going to have to pay for the wiring/RCD point etc to get power into it :roll:
HoHum. Thats something I can't scrimp on I guess...:)

Unless....

Time to go 'skip-hunting' methinks!!! :-k

Gary

Well I spent so time tidying my study and found a pci USB card, disabled the onboard USB ports as the Creative site pointed at old chip sets causing this problem, wacked in the newer card and Bob's your uncle, well he's not mine. :shock:
So the picture should be updating. I am in and out of the shop and its just looking at the end of the bench, if you had been watching, I have upgraded my dovetail jig with the new quick release knobs and am currently work on my cunning plan.
Take a peek:
01.jpg

Dave, it's working beautifully. Just get your head out of the way would ya? I can't see what you're doing. :lol:

Ooo, you have. Hey, it's looking promising. =D>

Cheers, Alf

Back