Workshop Lighting (again !)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulm

IG paulm_outdoors
Reaction score
Needed a couple of replacement tubes for my workshop fluorescent fittings and the rest were pretty old and a bit dim looking, so decided to replace them all and upgrade to "daylight" tubes to see what effect they would have.

Did all but four of them as they are older T12 types and the daylight tubes aren't made for them, but what an amazing transformation, unbelievable really, totally changes the feel and appearance of the workshop, and the contrast with the four old types is startling as they are so dim and yellow by comparison.

I have managed to find an online supplier for the T12's too so have some of them on the way, but depending how they compare I may still get round to updating those fittings to T8's so I can fit the daylights there also.

Well worth doing if you have been toying with the idea, fantastic results, but be careful with prices, I found Lyco Direct were pretty good at under a fiver a six foot tube, but someone local was asking eight quid and I eventually found a local place this morning that were only £3.50 !

Makes the workshop much more pleasant and welcoming at this time of year, quite a transformation.

Cheers, Paul :D

Back