Workshop Layout

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dewy":yp5h1ii4 said:
I just looked at that grizzly site and cant see the sense of using a computer to plan the layout.
I use the same method I have used for both office, home and factory layouts for over 40 years.
Graph paper with paper cutouts representing everything to be fitted in the space, including door and cabinet opening arcs.

Yeah, why would you just cut and paste images on a computer screen when you could sit down with tiny pieces of graph paper, draw shapes on them ,cut them out, arrange them on a larger piece of graph paper and wait for someone to open a door or window and watch them blow about everywhere. Hours of fun! ](*,) :-s

Cheers

Tim

waterhead37":1m0wu2x7 said:
That is what I meant by the "right enclosure" - it needs to be something that works with what you need to do.
Yes I realised that and it's a good idea. I have to admit I never thought of making a new base for it, mainly as the hoover fitted there perfectly plus the metal base took 'beeeep' ages to put together I didn't want to take it down [-( :p

Still I guess for the while at least, space constriction is not on your list of worries!
You'd be surprised how quickly it's filled up :-s On the last photos I took it looks pretty empty and everything’s spaced out you should see it now :? I'll try and get some new photos taken at the weekend.

tim":7lfwj7me said:
wait for someone to open a door or window and watch them blow about everywhere. Hours of fun! ](*,) :-s
Door or window?! Hah. Hahahahahah. Try it with two parrots flying about... #-o "Bertie, no, Bertie don't do... oh Bertie, where've you blown the drill press now...?" :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Back