Workshop Layout

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi all

I have not been on here for ages so hi one and all.

Anyway im a joiner and have just got my first shop. I have posted some pictures on a link so you know what it looks like.

Its 7m x 7m

In time i want to get a:
Table saw (cutting 8x4')
Router table
Bandsaw
Morticer
Planer/thicknesser

Obviously i want to try and plan out to get all these in the workshop so after a bit of advise of size needed for the above machines so i can put them in my workshop plan. Any opinions really welcome and thanks

http://photobucket.com/albums/v296/cogg ... ction=view

Coggy

That looks great thanks

I looked at your other piccys, did you make that timber rack on the wall ? it looks like a metal one on the piccy ??

Coggy

That was one by Triton, the Aussie guys! Got it from Machine Mart on a whim. Its alright, although I'm sure you could make better yourself! :lol:
Here's the link-http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p=070710001
Cheers
Philly :D

There's a shop design tool (free) available for download off the web - called something like 'easyshop' - i used to have it, but got rid after it had done all i asked of it (although probably downloading again soon for new shop)...you can get it from here - this isn't where I originally got it from, but I couldn't find the proper place. Look for 'easyshop shop designer'

Actually, having re-read your message, you're looking for advice on sizes of machinery...but anyway, the above tool is a goodie to have for anyone designing a new shop.

My God....... look at all that space....... :shock:

Coggy... obviously tool footprints will change with different types and manufacturers... so many to choose from...

That said, my router table has a 3x2 ft footprint.. top overhangs 2" on all 4 sides. The DC spout in back means that when connected to the DC I need to give it about a foot of clearence to the nearest wall to allow for the hose...

Latest posts

Back