Workshop Insurance Cover

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Folks,

This isn't an argument, but a difference of opinion, or possibly understanding. Let's not let it get to the argument stage, please. Time to walk away perhaps.

Guest, I can't PM you as I'd prefer, but can I suggest you might receive a less sceptical reaction if you put some sort of name to your post? Just a thought.

Cheers, Alf

I've got Barclays homecover which does cover me for the sheds, and had to test it out the unfortunate way last year when i got cleaned out of everything except the bestcombi - everything portable and some things that weren't (floor standing pillar drill comes to mind)

After a little "negotiation" with their assessors we agreed on a 90% payout of the equivalent new book values - just under £4k. If I'd pushed for more they would have gone down the route of restocking me from their suppliers, so i decided I'd rather take the lower figure but have the choice to swap a few things around - Having amassed 3 power drills over the years I really didn't need to replace them all. And the payout date just happened to coincide with a machinemart 10% off day :)

They still insure me and haven't hit me with any specific clauses or limitations other that asking me to show evidence of having fitted suitable locks and that the locks must be in operation whenever I am away from the property - like that wasn't going to happen anyway. I also now keep all the receipts as proof of ownership, not that they doubted my word on anything, but they ask for receipts if available

Hopefully I won't have to call them again, but at the end of the day I feel I got a reasonable service and settlement so would recommend them for general cover - couldn't say what their views would be on very big numbers though. Don't know how competitive they are on price as my wife is staff so we try to show some loyalty and buy the services that pay her wages...

Latest posts

Back