workshop heaven

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davem62

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry if this is in wrong place , but is anyone else having problems connecting to mathews new site with firefox browser.ifi use safari it opens first time but if i go back to fire fox it connects maybe 1 out of 5 times ,any help would be much appreciated

I do have problems with FF on some sites. I'm using Ubuntu. Sometimes it will just say 'Connecting' but nothing happens. The only remedy is to close it and try again.

Now I think about it some more, I did have some problems with FF a few months back, although not with the WH site. A search of the FF support site suggested the solution was to uninstall FF and then reinstall it afresh. This does not lose your settings or bookmarks and completely solved the problem.

Jim

I hate to say it, but I've LONG since given up on FireFox.
It remains (without question) my favourite browser, but I had put up with so many connection problems, so much memory-hogging and such slow loading that I cracked and gave Chrome a try "just to see".
Stunned.

I keep FF updated - but until the developers pull a finger out and sort out its glaring problems it's almost as much of a pig as Internet Explorer.

Give it a go.

(If only you knew how much I used to sing FireFox's praises a few years back you'd know how odd it is for me to be typing this - I got almost everyone I know off IE and onto FF.)

BigShot":13jp8cqc said:
I hate to say it, but I've LONG since given up on FireFox.
It remains (without question) my favourite browser, but I had put up with so many connection problems, so much memory-hogging and such slow loading that I cracked and gave Chrome a try "just to see".
Stunned.

I keep FF updated - but until the developers pull a finger out and sort out its glaring problems it's almost as much of a pig as Internet Explorer.

Give it a go.

(If only you knew how much I used to sing FireFox's praises a few years back you'd know how odd it is for me to be typing this - I got almost everyone I know off IE and onto FF.)

It was people like your good self banging on about FireFox that finally did it for me to give up IE and try it. Initially it was ok (ish) but some major bugs in it (like uploading pictures from FleaBay) put me off it a bit and then the latest version was...as you say...rubbish.

I too thought that anything Google seemed fine...Google itself is wonderful...Picasa is dynamite...so I tried Chrome

WOW...what an amazing product.

Sticking with that for now...unless something REALLY special comes along it's brilliant!

Jim

I, too, am a Chrome fan, BUT.
It's not all it appears, or, to put it more accurately, it is rather more than it appears. It, how shall I put it, acquires a considerable amount of information about you even when you tell it not to. I don't remember the details - Eric is your man for that - but it is very surreptitious in its behaviour.

S

Yep, Google is the devil. How much it snoops is exactly the reason I avoided Chrome for so long. However the alternatives hare so horribly unusable in comparison (even though Firefox is a beauty under all the bloat and illness it comes with now).

I'm planning to have a look at Chromium (the browser upon which Chrome is based) soon. As I understand it, it lacks a few features of Chrome - but as one of the features it lacks is the rather unpleasant snooping one that's not such a bad thing.

Back