Workshop Heaven

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
The new site is up and running...much quicker than the old one, but where's all the Japanese saws and chisels gone? Where do we go now for replacement blades for Jap saws? :( (unless I'm being dense and have missed somat) - Rob

I don't think you're missing anything, they don't appear to be there, but the site is only just up and running so maybe they'll be added soon? I was told last week to look out for lots of new products when the new site went live, but there don't seem to be many yet, again I assume these will be added over the next few days.

I can only presume it's a 'work in progress' as many previous items seem to be missing, many links don't seem to go where they should and some of the pages look terrible, at least on my comp with FFox.

A new web site such as this usually takes a couple of weeks to iron out truly flat. The thing I'm peeved at is the No7 plane went up by £10 Doh!, I should have ordered earlier.

The site looks great. Fast and easy to use. And the home page looks classy with those Clifton planes 8) :D

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Just tried to have a look, but taking ages to load home page. I had noticed the previous site was slow to load pages, so I'm hoping this will get a lot better. I checked against a few others (cache cleared first) and WH is running very slow indeed. Sorry Matthew - great store, but can you check over the host server and make sure the coders have optimised everything for light / fast etc. I note Paul says fast and easy - has it been checked across all 4 browsers yet (I'm on Safari & Firefox) - that might possibly be it?

condeesteso":zuhubl89 said:
I note Paul says fast and easy

It was earlier but not now :? Maybe they are tinkering with it :-k Probably loading up Woodbloke's Japanese saw blades :lol:

Paul

Paul Chapman":2ty3fde9 said:
Probably loading up Woodbloke's Japanese saw blades :lol:

Paul
I certainly hope so Paul, 'cos I shall be mightily pi&$*d off if they're not stocked any more...may have to go to CHT - Rob

Things are not helped when site developers/software don't clean up the coding and browsers have to make assumptions.

Workshop heaven

Although it is loading quickly here on W7 and a core i5 machine.

As theres been no word from Matthew, I would presume that this is all work in progress and they are beavering away to get it just right.

But I'm sure he appreciates all the feedback, positive or otherwise.

WOW! thats some bloated code!!

Still it runs pretty quick compared to the old site.

The standard images of a girl with a headset does not match the personal level of service you get with workshopheaven IMO and should show a picture of Matthew and his team. The about us text doesnt really get across the great service and passion for the tools that they have. Maybe that needs some photos too.

I'm sure they will link it with his superb youtube videos make it seem a bit more human and less ecommerce generic.

All the very best of luck to you Matthew.

Site looks great Matthew, I'm sure it will get quicker. And yes, lose the lady on the phone, I've seen her before somewhere (exhausts, tyres, double glazing.... one of those :wink:

... home page loads in less than a second Linux/FF8 and menu items are very, very fast.

Latest posts

Back