Workshop heating revisited

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The weather has helped over the last couple of days to finish the extension to the "garage" :roll: :wink: . With the walls rendered Friday and the floor poured Monday all my lovely cast iron stuff snug under damp sheets. :cry: :cry: Have not been able to use the tools for nearly 3 weeks however.

The hotspot R2 arrived yesterday, and was installed today after rearranging the new roof. Fired it up smoke every where neigbour came out to see if a smoke bomb had gone off. :oops: :oops: About ten minutes later smoke cleared lovely haze coming out of the chimney and the temperature rising in the shop. SWMBO came home from work and came into the shop stood by the stove and suggested we move it into the house. The walls are now drying out and the condensation is disappearing nearly time to reorganize the tools etc and get going again.

Hungry little blighter at the moment, but should settle down when I get a decent amount of ash in it.

Thanks for the advice about the hotspot especially Trev :D :D DW I would advise you to look into one.

Les

Les Chicken":3p7nrxcw said:
Hungry little blighter at the moment, but should settle down when I get a decent amount of ash in it.

I made the mistake of cleaning mine out the other day (first time this year). Its taken 5 days to get it back to a decent level. So I suggest limit the cleaning as much as poss.

Cheers

Tim

Back