Workshop floor....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG! [-o<

Am I on that slope, the addiction?
I thought by now.... No. I have 'won't' power I won't give in! [-( :-({|=

I am just checking Axminster now.... :tool:

Tornup

I think I'm slightly ahead of you in this process.

Nice as DIY would be, I wouldn't have the time to do it plus I have the contents of the old shed spread between the in laws and friends. Consequently a pre built job is the quickest option.

I've ordered a 4.8m X 3.6m workshop from Passmores. They were recommended to me and have been very helpful thus far. Shed is due in two weeks so can't comment on quality but they were a £1000 cheaper than the cheapest local firm!

I've had a mate round to lay a 4.6m X 5m X 100mm concrete slab which he finished yesterday. He used a mixer but he, with a little assistance from me, did everything by hand.

We've had an awful lot of groundwork prep to do and I'm still digging a bank out for 3m of gabion baskets.

I'll put 25mm celotex board in as insulation and will probably OSB line the interior. I'll also ask the installers if I can insulate the base with celotex board when they arrive.

I've had an old shed base outside under a lean to arrangement for a number of years and it's in surprisingly good condition. It was resting on breeze blocks on a shingle mix and it makes me wonder whether I need to worry about a dpc.

Pics to follow

Sounds good, Mike, but I would go with the thickest Celotex I could accommodate. You will never regret extra insulation, but you may well curse skimping it.

Jim

Back