Workshop floor paint

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutting Crew

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for decent paint to use on a concrete workshop floor?

Most of the places I've visited complain the paint they've used lifts after a few months.

CC

Did mine with Dulux Trade floor paint obout 10 years ago, no sign of wear even on areas that get a lot of traffic ie. in front of bench & tablesaw.

Watcodo a big range as well.

Jason

nah, i just used the tin to stand on, can't reach the top cupboards

Wot Lynx recommended; you can buy it from Trade outlets quite easily. I've had it on my Utility floor for about 8 years now and no peeling or other damage is visible. This in a high traffic space, directly opening to a concrete (gritty) surface. Yes, it wears, but with two football playing teenagers, what do you expect? I'm just about to put it on the (renovated) workshop floor. Cheers all, Sam

I used the Screwfix grey about a year ago;was getting a bit dull,so have just re-done it with Machine Mart grey floor paint (think it was under a tenner for 2.5 litres)
Looks good so far,but will see how well it wears (assuming I get to spend as much time in there as I am hoping to.. :lol: )

Andrew

I'm intrigued by this topic...

I mean, when you set out to paint the floor, where on Earth are you gonna store all your tools and machinery???

And cramps, don't forget them - you can never have enough of them, that's one of the first things I discovered! :D

What are the benefits of painting the floor though?

Does it reduce fatigue, help level the surface or perhaps make it safer when dropping sharp objects?

Oswaldo!":3tswbzke said:
I'm intrigued by this topic...

What are the benefits of painting the floor though?

Does it reduce fatigue, help level the surface or perhaps make it safer when dropping sharp objects?

I think it makes it look better,stops any dust coming off the concrete;depending on the colour,it can also make it look brighter - and it definitely gives a better,smoother surface to keep clean.

Andrew

So, along with replacing the corrugated asbestos roof, insulating it, painting the block walls and cramming in some more machinery... I'm now keen to paint the floor this summer as well!

Thanks a lot, let's bring on the long, hot, busy summer now! :D

I'm surprised so many of you are choosing grey floor paint. I thought red was the colour of choice - so the blood won't show...

Cheers, Alf

CC,

When you do get round to painting the floor, watch out for the fumes.

Most floor paints contain high levels of organic solvents, which can be unpleasant in an enclosed space, so pick a nice dry, breezy day and open all the windows.

We painted teh floor in work in a previous job, and the smell was so bad we had to send all the staff home early!

Regards

Gary

Latest posts

Back