Workshop Essentials 7&8 - Table Saws!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OPJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I mentioned this recently on another forum but, I'm even more surprised to see here, on this forum, that no mention appears to have been made of Steve Maskery's latest DVDs in the locally-acclaimed Workshop Essentials series - covering the use, configuration and safe operation of table saws!

As a subscriber to the website (for updates and news), I ordered my DVDs as soon as the e-mail came through. Naturally, they arrived next working day. 8)

Volume 7 tells you EVERYTHING you could possibly need to know about table saws. From setting up your own saw to perfection, to what is capable with a huge panel saw and scoring blade (it's one of those ones where Steve takes a trip to someone else's workshop later on).

Volume 8 covers safety and, as you would expect, the numerous safety jigs and workshop aids that Steve has produced in recent years. He even shows you how to make an excellent crown guard for your saw.

If there's anything you'd like to know about table saws in general or, if you're thinking of making some kind of improvements to the way in which you operate your machine then, these DVDs will surely show you how to do that, and more.

Again, I am surprised that these haven't already been discussed on the forum. Once again, I think Steve deserves a lot of success for all the time and hard work he's put in to producing yet another set of outstanding DVDs.

Thanks for reading. I sincerely hope that these will not be his last. :)

OPJ":2ma0zpb8 said:
He even shows you how to make an excellent crown guard for your saw.

I saw a snippet of the crown guard part of Steve`s DVD recently, very impressed with the design.

Best of luck with the sales of these two new volumes Steve.

Cheers.

Steve sent me both for review - superb stuff!
Anyone with a decent tablesaw will find plenty of info within these DVD's and get that much more out of the machine, not only fine tuning it, but the additional info on making your own sub fences and SUVA type guarding is especially good!

cheers,
Andy

It's simples Olly, we don't want him getting big headed! :lol:

Roy

Thank you all for your kind words. I have to say that I am quite pleased with the feedback I have had. I know I've said this before, but I'm a lousy judge of my own work. By the time it goes out of the door I've seen every frame a thousand times and I can no longer judge whether or not it's any good. Obviously I have an idea in my head at the outset of what I want it to look like, but I can't tell if I've succeeded or not.
So it's nice to hear that it's going down well.
A seminal work rather than a work of semolina, I hope! :)
Thank you all
Steve

This one really need to be at the top for any new readers!

Just had mine the other day and i am very impressed again (have all the others) by Steve and the way he manages to present the various topics in a way which makes them clear and understandable. The workshop essentials 7 and 8 should be sent out with all new tablesaws, and there would be far fewer accidents IMHO!

Great work again, Steve! Keep up the good work!

Back