Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Workshop draws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

MikeG.

Established Member
Reaction score
Draws: knickers or other undergarments.
Drawers: sliding boxes, usually of wood.

For a workshop I can't see why you wouldn't use drawer runners, other than cost, if that's your preference.

pcb1962

Established Member
Reaction score
Definitely go for the 3 part full extension runners IMO, I have a mixture in my workshop cabinets, being able to pull a drawer out all the way makes it so much more useful.

sumo2001

Established Member
Reaction score
Cheers yes drawers is the correct term brain wasn't in gear LOL.
I was thinking extending runners best solution,cost is a consideration as got about 50 odd drawers to do but in a years time the cost will be forgotten but the inconvenience of the drawers not opening fully will still be with me!

Sheptonphil

Scrumpy junkie
Reaction score
sumo2001":ik77axzi said:
Cheers yes drawers is the correct term brain wasn't in gear LOL.
I was thinking extending runners best solution,cost is a consideration as got about 50 odd drawers to do but in a years time the cost will be forgotten but the inconvenience of the drawers not opening fully will still be with me!
I am now into fitting my 50 drawer setup. The first forty four have three quarter extension runners, the last six have full extension (they ran out of the 3/4). The cost was £1.80 for 500mm 3/4 and £5.90 for the full. I just didn’t want to run the extra £200 on the runners. The 3/4 ones do hide 100mm of the drawer contents, but they don’t really cause a problem. The full extension ones I will use on the 800mm wide unit, all the rest were 500mm or 600mm wide. Think if I did it again, I would still begrudge the £200.

Twenty three fitted, rest in progress
DD701737-C126-4F71-AFA0-E26133E3E959.jpeg

Attachments

Woody2Shoes

Impressive Member
Reaction score
MikeG.":11owealh said:

For a workshop I can't see why you wouldn't use drawer runners, other than cost, if that's your preference.
I don't like to mention it Mike, but I think you've got your knickers in a twist :D :lol: they can be drawn up/down so they're drawers too!
PS as in "she rummaged through her drawers to find a clean pair of drawers"

MikeG.

Established Member
Reaction score
Woody2Shoes":2yqti26c said:
MikeG.":2yqti26c said:

I don't like to mention it Mike, but I think you've got your knickers in a twist :D :lol: they can be drawn up/down so they're drawers too!
PS as in "she rummaged through her drawers to find a clean pair of drawers"
You're right, and I was wrong. Architects are used to having to say that to engineers. :lol:

Sheptonphil

Scrumpy junkie
Reaction score
MikeG.":20qnf3q7 said:
Fifty drawers!!! Some of you people most definitely have too much stuff! :)
:D :D Yes, but even ‘stuff’ like finishes, abrasives, all hand tools, tool accessories (they go walking for a past time, spare blades, special size Allen keys etc ) will be suuuper organised.

Probably find half will be empty and I’ve gone way over the top, but at least everything will have a place and hopefully will be in it. :?

gregmcateer

Established Member
Reaction score
MikeG.":3vay0rl2 said:
Fifty drawers!!! Some of you people most definitely have too much stuff! :)
I agree - you only need enough for the ones in the wash, whilst you are wearing today's and a spare pair for whilst the other ones are drying :D

Sorry. I'll get my hat, coat....