Workshop doors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hpps

Established Member
Reaction score
The doors in my workshop have seen better days, so I'd like to replace them. They are currently timber (probably pine) and consist of a pair of side hung doors in an opening around 2m high and aprox 1.5m wide.
I'd like to keep the cost as low as possible, so was wonderring if using readily available pine off the shelf would be an acceptable approach as they will be painted anyway?

Like a lot of products the cost has gone through the roof and timber of any type is no exception. The main point I got from you post was indeed (cost ) so I’d be looking at reclaimed solid wood doors . You may have to alter them to suit but if you can get 2 or even 3 the same I’m sure you could make it work . Then as you say they will be painted..

I rent the workshop and will be doing the doors as a good will gesture, hence keeping it cheap. They are an odd size, so I'm not sure how easily I could find some donors that are tall enough.

4x2 frame work with 3/4 cladding on top.

If security is an issue ply / steel backing sheet.

what about decking boards for the verticle strips ?. Thats about £4/m, 150mmx28mm. Certainly thick enough. Lengths usually go from 3.2m-5.6m

Back