Workshop Design - well it's a build really.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic build Dibs - and great WIP reports.

It has been such a mammoth journey, but what is really impressive as some of the others have mentioned is the fact that you have always finished every aspect to the highest standard - I have recently 'finished' mine... but I finish when I get to the 'I can't face doing this anymore' stage I'm afraid...

Congratulations again - and bring on the Garage!

Congrats on completion, Dibs!

Impressive to say the least!

I'll be waiting for the pic's of everything in and looking like a workshop now :)

Clamps - moved most of them in. Do you think a man can have too many clamps? :mrgreen:

clamps.jpg

Just screwed some 2"x2" to the wall and hung the clamps on - remembering to tighten them slightly, so brushing past them doesn't result in a big pile on the floor! Just got to go find the remainder and do something for the heavier sash cramps.

Handsaws - the initial thought was to do something similar for them, but use screws\nails to hang them on. Yes - cheap and nasty, but need to get them off the floor. Then wasn't too happy about hanging the wooden handles on screws\nails - as the majority are Disstons.

Casting my mind back to my school days, remember a shaped piece to fit the inside of the handle - screwed to the wall\etc, with a bit that was proud and would twist round to stop it falling off. For the nbr of saws - that might take a while!

Instead going to order some rear earth magnets to put in a piece of timber screwed to the wall, rather like those bars\plates for knives.

Cheers

Dibs

wobblycogs":35qp8c6k said:
Looking good, are those clamps home made? They look like the heads are made of wood.

Heads are wooden - cam clamps. Made by Kamelia or something. Bought them all from a fellow forumite about 1.5 yrs ago.

Dibs-h":2p0svt0o said:
wobblycogs":2p0svt0o said:
Looking good, are those clamps home made? They look like the heads are made of wood.

Heads are wooden - cam clamps. Made by Kamelia or something. Bought them all from a fellow forumite about 1.5 yrs ago.

Klemmsia I believe. Nice selection!

pip1954":3119zoif said:
hi have you started the garage yet i enjoyed the workshop =D>
pip

Hi Pip

Just been emptying the garage out over the last couple of weeks - I can actually walk into it now as opposed to climb in over all the stuff. :mrgreen:

I've had a pallet stacked over 6' tall with parquet for the house, so busy moving that into the workshop, so I can also get the old school workbench out and into the workshop. Then build the internal stud wall in the middle, across the garage, so that the back can be demolished. Keeping the front half (as viewed from the drive) means the gate into the garden stays in place and I can use half the garage for storage and more importantly can leave the 2 post lift in there.

Hopefully start a new thread on the garage build in the next 2 weeks or so.

Dibs

Back