Workshop clearance

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindas

Established Member
Reaction score
I am a new member and have joined because my sister and I are clearing out my dads workshop after he has gone into care. We have a lot of things to rehome. I wondered if you sell directly on the site. We are interested in making contact with people who use tools etc as at this point there is still a lot of sorting to do

Hi Linda, there is a sale section on the forum but it is run on a non profit basis (UKW charges no seller fees) for members with a post count of 20 or above specifically to stop random people using the website as a 'free ebay' with no charges and not contributing generally to the site. No personal reflection on you. Just a general rule to keep things working.
market-place-rules-guidelines-please-read-before-posting-t54359.html
Obviously in your situation it might well be that you need information regarding the worth of your Dad's tools, you could then have a better idea of what you can ask for them elsewhere so maybe you could ask for advice along those lines if that's helpful for you at what's probably a difficult time. Most people on here are generally happy to help and offer advice if they can.
I'm not a Moderator so I don't want to give suggestions about what you are able to do. One of the Mods will be able to clarify better.
Another suggestion is to look on Ebay at Sold items for each particular tool (if you know what to search for), this will give a general outline.
Some tools are very common, but there are tools that can command a lot of money if they are rare or well made. It's well worth trying to find out first.

Hi there, as I’m not sure how things work here yet, do I wait and a moderator will get in touch?

Many thanks for your kind reply

Linda

They all moderate for free in addition to real life so I'm sure one will be along shortly. :wink:
Your other thread lists some very well known and esteemed makers of hand tools which often generate a fair bit of enthusiasm so hang in there, there are some really knowledgeable members on here.
Good new is you've generated enough posts to publish pics.

Hi Linda. If you care to tell us where the workshop is located just the first half postcode, then there might be a member nearby who would volunteer to help you identify what is what and likely to be of value or not.
This happens from time to time and most people who have been here a while (you can click on their name and see when they joined and how often they post etc) are genuine decent chaps who love woodworking.
To contact a moderator there is a board towards the bottom of the list where you can post and the next mod on duty should pick it up

Hth Bob

Many thanks for your kind replies.

I will discuss with my sister and get back to arranging contact with a local member in a few weeks after my holidays.

I very much appreciate your help. I just had a look at a little shoulder plane dad gave me to use last year to remould a bit of skirting board and found it stamped war issue. So there is more learning for us

I will look into how to contact the moderator.

Thank you everyone

Back