• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Workshop clear out part 2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adidat

I will not buy anymore tools...
Reaction score
part 2

been doing a lot of sorting and found lots of goodies ready to go to a new home! everything is including postage, collection from near Taunton is possibly, and i can knock some money off. open to sensible offers.

Bacs or paypal. if you are using good and services please add the 3.4%

Handy model No G1 small bench vise. some damage around vise jaws but over all good condition, would look great with a lick of paint! £25

P1030158.JPG
P1030159.JPG
P1030160.JPG
P1030161.JPG

Large assortment of brace and bit augers. have some surface rust but some interesting shapes and patterns there. £15

P1030168.JPG

Tiranti bench carving vise, in great condition, comes with fixing down bolt but needs a sliding par handle of some description. or just use a screwdriver... overall sizes are 420mm 230mm high and 130mm wide. £30 SOLD

P1030081.JPG
P1030082.JPG

Lie Nielsen bench vise handles. these are new made of maple bought them for a project that i never went ahead with. 25mm thick and 335mm long £25 each or £40 for the pair

P1030110.JPG
P1030109.JPG

thanks for looking!

Adidat

Last edited:
I'll take the carving vice please, can you message me your Paypal details.

Was that vice discovered by the time team on one of their digs?

i think there is a rule about unhelpful comments on for sale posts...

the picture makes it look quite orange, its not actually covered in rust, its a great little vise but i have 7 others.....

adidat

Sent you 2 messages regarding the carving vice but had no reply, although you have been on line (last time today at 17:04) so just in case you are not getting PM's am posting here too.

Originally sent as Pm 18 June.

Hi
When the carving vice arrived I opened the box and partly unwrapped the vice itself, due to other ongoing DIY around the house I only got it out of the box today. Unfortunately the fixing down screw that you said was with it is not here, do you have it there?

Cheers Nick

Hi nick not to get in the middle of anything and excuse my ignorance if I'm being a numpty, is the fixing bolt the bolt in-place of the handle on front of the vice? just thought I'd mention as maybe its still there and was overlooked.

Apologies if this isn't the case, its just the sort of thing i would do so i had to ask o_O

No it is a long fully threaded square topped bar with a large wing type nut, can be seen on the Tiranti website.

Well Adidat you were on line here again last night at 20:59,

Last edited:
Hi the notifications don't show very clearly on my device, and I have been notified via a phone call from another member over this drama and mud slinging.

Macca hit the nail on the head, I was unaware until now that a different bolt came with it, I do not have this, if I did then I would have sent it or put it in the pictures. I now see It looks like a very similar coach bolt with a wing nut on. So the bolt recieved should do the same job, just requires a spanner or something similar to nip it up.

If you want to post this back to me I will refund your money. I am working away so will not be able to sort this for at least a week.

Adidat

Hi all

These sorts of issues can arise because these days everyone assumes everyone else is walking around wth an internet connected smartphone and should be capable of instant reply, this is not the case and so often patience is required. I do not have a phone, all my internet access is via a Pc which I do not carry around and have had similar issues, but a simple explanation can help.

Hi all

These sorts of issues can arise because these days everyone assumes everyone else is walking around wth an internet connected smartphone and should be capable of instant reply, this is not the case and so often patience is required. I do not have a phone, all my internet access is via a Pc which I do not carry around and have had similar issues, but a simple explanation can help.
I waited 10 days without reply before posting in this thread, I seemed to have been pretty patient to me.

Hi the notifications don't show very clearly on my device, and I have been notified via a phone call from another member over this drama and mud slinging.

Macca hit the nail on the head, I was unaware until now that a different bolt came with it, I do not have this, if I did then I would have sent it or put it in the pictures. I now see It looks like a very similar coach bolt with a wing nut on. So the bolt recieved should do the same job, just requires a spanner or something similar to nip it up.

If you want to post this back to me I will refund your money. I am working away so will not be able to sort this for at least a week.

Adidat

OK well, I first sent 2 PM's starting from the 18th, 10 days ago, which you should have received emails to say they were there but if you didn't then sorry, but look at it from from my point of view it seemed you were just not replying, despite your activity being shown as on line multiple days. So I posted in this thread to see if you would see it and reply and again saw you had been on line but got no reply.
Your post stated that you HAD the fixing down bolt but a new vice handle was needed as below

Tiranti bench carving vise, in great condition, comes with fixing down bolt but needs a sliding par handle of some description. or just use a screwdriver... overall sizes are 420mm 230mm high and 130mm wide. £30 SOLD

By this I understood you to mean you had the original holding down bolt, Idid not think the temporary short bolt being used as a handle was supposed to be the holding down bolt, especially as it is far too short to go through a bench to hold it down. I was just trying to get what I understood to have been paid for.

I'll see if I can source or make one.

Nick

Back