Workshop cleaning.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Democritus

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a cordless hand held vac for use in a workshop? I have a corded Henry vac that is very good for major clean ups, but a bit bulky and cumbersome for one off bits of cleaning, eg shifting sandings from lathe bed etc.
I have looked at Amazon, Curry’s etc, but the reviews of vacs on there, often described as car vacs, are very off putting. They all seem to lack power, fall apart almost immediately, or both.
Any ideas?
D

I use second hand henry hoses that lead up to places where I need to clean like you. These are fixed around the workshop and when needed the one from the vac is just pushed in the end something like a dust extraction ducting but with flexible ends

I bought a 6 metre hose that coils up under the bench, it will reach every corner of the shop so is great for clean up.
I've been looking for a cheap cordless vac for site work but the filtration on the ones I’ve seen so far isn’t great.

I don’t rate those little cordless vacs, have tried the ‘shark’ and while it’s ok for light duty i don’t think it would be much good for workshop stuff.

Bought an "toolzone Ash Vac" the other day for my small workshop and well pleased with it so far. Its not to large (mines 15 litres), its bagless, easy to empty, and has good suction; ideal for sawdust, wood shavings and small offcuts from mitre saw ect.

I have a dyson V7 in the house - great device and insted of an hour or so wrestling cables round the house you just have a 5 minute vac of the bit that needs doing. Works well on carpet becaue the beater end is powered.

I wouldn't even try to use it in the workshop, not enough power at the nozzle and collecting bin too small. I have an ancient sukka brand henry-like used as a shop vac with a decent long hose which gets most of the use via a cyclone and a small dead cheap corded supermarket brand 1400 watt thing (not upright) left over from a caravan we cleared that is easy to carry one handed and gets used for the car and far corners of the workshop like under the pillar drill. Much better bet than cordless for that sort of thing and probably cheaper.

Back