workshop clean(ish)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike s

Established Member
Reaction score
spent a few hours cleaning my workshop
it doesnt look too tidy but its much better than it was!

100_1032.jpg

100_1033.jpg

100_1034.jpg

100_1035.jpg

100_1036.jpg

100_1037.jpg

thanks

Its great to see someone who keeps there workshop tidy - I strive to keep mine as tidy all the time as people who take pride in their workshops also take pride in their work!

Well done and keep it that way - makes for a safe and healthy working environment.

=D> =D> =D> =D>

Hi, Mike

Can you do mine next?

Seriously, don't post pictures like that! the wife nearly saw it, I can just imagine the grief I would get "why isn't yours as clean as that" :wink:

Pete

That does look very nice. You appear to have everything where it needs to be and where it can be accessed easily.

I am also jealous and I'm only a couple of years younger than you Melinda!

What a great looking workshop! My aim is to tidy my garage workshop when I'm off at Christmas. It's badly in need of it!

thanks for the kind words :)
mid project the sheds a tip, every couple of weeks (more like months!) i tidy it up a bit and before long it returns to its usual bomb site appearance.

i am very lucky to have such supporting parents that provide me with the opportunity to fulfil my obsession of woodworking, i realise i am fairly unique in the respect that not many other 15 year olds are interested in the hobby, i wonder if this is because their parents are not as supportive as mine or if they are just not interested in the idea..? probably both
my friends seem interested in what i do but dont share my passion, the majority of students in my gcse woodwork class think it is much more fun to attempt to hammer screws into the tables and damage the equipment than actually make something themselves. i think it is a shame that more of my peers dont engage in the hobby - it offers so many usefull skills and knowledge.

billybuntus":2x8g2e90 said:
Is the exterior insulated? Looks tidy but cold :cry:
no its not insulated so its freezing in there at this time of year, i cant heat it either because all the heat would escape before i felt it - i just have to wear plenty of jumpers! :mrgreen:

when did you all start working with wood?
thanks

no its not insulated so its freezing in there at this time of year, i cant heat it either because all the heat would escape before i felt it - i just have to wear plenty of jumpers!

Best quote of the year...IMHO!

I read so many threads on "how do you heat your workshop" and "relative humidity" this and "how thick is your foam" that....but those few words "I Just have to wear plenty of jumpers" sums it up! =D> =D>

Mind you...once arthritis kicks in...the picture may change a tad! :mrgreen:

Jim

I always loved woodwork at school.i either wanted to be a woodwork teacher or a vet... however my careers advisor told me i wasn't brainy enough so i didn't pursue either....... i became an orthpaedic tech. instead.
its only now im doing an evening course in carpentry to get some paperwork in it.
what are your future plans?

Jensmith":226ayf8a said:
I am also jealous and I'm only a couple of years younger than you Melinda!

What a great looking workshop! My aim is to tidy my garage workshop when I'm off at Christmas. It's badly in need of it!
unfortunately in rented accommodation so i have to make do with what i have... all 4x6 of it! oh the dreams!

Melinda_dd":15s98egx said:
what are your future plans?

i dont have a solid idea set yet
next year i am starting my A-levels
i have chosen to take
-ict
-woodwork
-business studies
-economics

i am considering going to uni and doing a degree in contemporary furniture design and manufacture and start up my own business in selling bespoke furniture but im unsure whether or not the area is too niche to make enough money to live comfortably.
my school careers advisor said i should go into engineering but i would most likely need maths and physics to a-level (2 subjects im not too great at unfortunately)
if money was not an issue i would follow the furniture making career but the bills will need paying somehow

Latest posts

Back