Workshop Building

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dedee":3gpj1yil said:
Only 3 houses up the street badgers are regular visitors AndyP

Ask them if they fancy moving to SE3 - I'd love some badgers to go with my foxes and squirrels...especially if they will eat the damned pigeons :)
actually, judging by the feathers that appear on hte lawn every so often, I think either the foxes or a local cat are having some effect on the pidgeon population

my foxes have been in real foxholes further up the garden from where I put the workshop since before I moved in, so i've not had any problems with them in that respect -although they do love playing tag around the lawn and knocking over lamps and non-sturdy plants in the borders.

On a practical note, you could run and part-bury chicken wire between the strip footings to try and keep unwanted visitors out, and if you do get anything appear a few weeks treatment with Renardine animal repellent can encourage them to move on....ok, it smells worse than the animals themselves but it does go off after a couple of days.

MP":1mjy2bv7 said:
actually, judging by the feathers that appear on hte lawn every so often, I think either the foxes or a local cat are having some effect on the pidgeon population

If you are finding just a pile of feathers, it's possible you might even have a peregrine falcon in your area

John

I got a friend to encourage the pigeons to go away with his air rifle, made a nice pie :wink: unfortunately the space encouraged the relatives to move in :roll:

I don't mind the ducks, partridges, pheasants and quails, its the squirrels and pigeons. Any one know of a recipe for grey squirrel pie ? :wink:

Bean

Interesting thread, this, on workshop building!

There are a couple of pub/restaurants in Herefordshire that actually have squirrel dishes on their menus! :shock: Haven't tried them and can't help with the recipes, though.

The best 'solution' to keep badgers away is urine - but it has to be human male urine. No other will work. Collect a goodly quantity of the stuff :roll: in a can, or whatever, then pour it around the boundary of the area you want to protect, e.g. around the workshop or even the garden boundary. Or make late night visits until the perimeter concerned is covered! DAMHIKT :oops: But I reckon by the time all the beer has been drunk after dealing with the concrete, there should be a fair volume available! :lol: :lol:

By now you are probably wondering what on earth he is on about :? , but, hey folks, this is a serious answer to what can be a very irritating problem.

So don't forget, make good use of male urine to protect your property from badgers. 8) They just cannot abide the smell of the stuff - but only they will smell it, it won't spoil your garden - and they won't come within a mile of it. A GUARANTEED REMEDY! :wink: Chances are the badgers won't appear, or reappear. But if they do - repeat treatment. I've only had to do it once and no evidence of 'em in the garden since. (Incidentally, got this remedy from a BBC local radio gardening programme!).

(and not a drop, alcohol that is, has passed my lips tonight). :cry: :cry:

Cheers,

Trev.

It might be a good idea before you pour any concrete to work out some electric points and where you might want extraction pipes,insert these and you will have a floor free of trailing wires or pipes.

Back