Workshop build epic

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now it gets really messy, this is the back bit where I store stuff and I'm renovating a 1963 Fordson super dexta. The drum kit is going to be moved out and the piles of PCS and cabling gone plus all the long stock will be sorted and moved. The engine won't be on the stand much longer and the engine hoist folds up, I use this for moving stuff around the workshop. The new floor plan is on an earlier post.
P1030828.jpg

Now to some woodworking tools :D Here's my Axi morticer, Elecktra Beckum moulder with burned out motor and my extractor. I'm still considering what to do with the moulder however the plan is to replace my router table with one. The extractor may get moved into the barn below so there's less noise.
P1030829.jpg

Here's my DeWalt PT, reliable and cost me 50 quid about 12 years ago from a mate who had to move into a small flat. Just used it to size some battens for a motorised toy landrover I'm making for the kids
P1030830.jpg

Here's the trend router table, old Faithful mitre saw and Startrite band saw. The router table needs to go, I have a router to put in it, I never use it. The mitre saw was the mainstay of the house renovation, the blade needs attention but when bolted to a wheeled box like this is useful for all those jobs where you cant bring the work to the tools. The band saw is sometimes problematic to start, i suspect the start capacitors however I haven't got around to looking at it properly yet. I've just used it for resawing some oak and could do with a clean.
P1030831.jpg

Attachments

• P1030828.jpg
    P1030828.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 1,256
  • P1030829.jpg
    P1030829.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 1,256
  • P1030830.jpg
    P1030830.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 1,256
  • P1030831.jpg
    P1030831.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 1,256
Here's my "new" RAS that I bought off a forum member, it came with a nice table however I had already started making a "Mr Sawdust" table so I'm trying that first.
P1030832.jpg

Basically its two pieces of MDF with some steel bars epoxied into grooves routed in the MDF. The bars and not equidistant, they get closer near the fence and you need to make sure they don't interfere with the mounting holes on the RAS.
P1030714.jpg

Here's my belt sander, not the best tool, tries to eat itself while centring a new belt and vibrates like hell.
P1030833.jpg

Next is my horizontal milling machine, a 1950s Tom Senior M1 that I renovated last year. It has the vertical knckle head fitted at the moment but will be predominantly used in horizontal mode, this will be moved to the "metal work" side of the workshop once I have moved some stuff out.
P1030835.jpg

Attachments

• P1030832.jpg
    P1030832.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 1,255
  • P1030714.jpg
    P1030714.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 1,255
  • P1030833.jpg
    P1030833.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 1,255
  • P1030835.jpg
    P1030835.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 1,255
Next is my small storage area, nuts, bolts screw, small tools whoever this is very much work in progress, I have only got the Raaco drawers and the Bisley drawers and the bigger metal drawers in the last few months and I'm slowly sifting through all sorts of boxes to tidy the away properly, I even bought a nice labelling machine. I just got sick of knowing I had the nut/bolt/screw/tool but couldn't find it.
P1030836.jpg

And back to the entrance which is on the right. The bench on the right came with the house, its wooden but with a steel top and a vice. The bench on the left is the assembly bench made from an old kitchen worktop currently being used to sort out all the bits for the toy Land rover. The bike is my exercise bike that plugs into the PC on the top left, its a pain in the harris however I do need to keep fit, so I will be looking for a new home for this.
P1030837.jpg

So you may be thinking, where's all his woodworking hand tools? They are currently salted away in various drawers awaiting me to partition off the first 5m of the workshop so I can create a nicer warmer space that I can put them. Basically its part of the grand plan that goes something like this

1.) Sell RAS and router table
2.) Dump loads of old PC stuff
3.) finish off kids toy car
4.) finish off tractor renovation
5.) Big tidy up and move stuff around a bit
6.) build partition and put down nice floor in that area
7.) build Roubo bench
8.) Start doing some proper woodwork without falling over stuff!

Cheers
Andy

Attachments

• P1030836.jpg
    P1030836.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 1,253
  • P1030837.jpg
    P1030837.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 1,253
What? Selling that fantastic RAS I sold you :D

A great tool but one I found had just the one use, cross cutting. Setting up,for other cuts just seemed so time consuming. I guess for a production shop where it could spend its day dimensioning timber into required lengths is where it should be.
I hope you find a good home for her.
David

Hi David
I had two, I sold its younger brother that was in more worn condition, it came out of a wood shop where they put an over sized blade on it. It was still serviceable and a friend in London had need of one but wasn't too fussed about precision.

I've made a "Mr Sawdust" table for yours but I've been sidetracked onto tractor renovation, pellet boiler and home heating control projects for now.

I'm looking after her :)

Cheers
Andy

I've enjoyed reading this thread, I wish my neighbours were as close as yours are, I wouldn't mind starting a new turning on the lathe at 10:30PM then!

Great thread and pics, cheers for sharing. :D

Back