Working with pallet wood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I imagine that's the bees knees of detectors being adjustable.
I bought a security wand that seems slightly better than a really cheap one for walls.
After hitting a few nails with your tools you might get better using it (hammer)
I make sure to hoke around any holes with some sacrificial screwdrivers made into chisels and make square holes for plugging so I can make sure any metal is gone, but that is hardwood and worth the time to me.
You might deem a plug cutter set to be adequate for bigger holes so you can clean out any remnants of metal and plug at the same time.

Tom

Thanks Tom,

It's alright for larger pieces of metal, such as a broken off nail, but I can set it up to as sensitive as possible, wave it around a hole several times in several directions and get nothing, then poke a drill bit through the hole and find one of the slithers mentioned. Perhaps I am expecting too much as I am new to metal detection, and if that is as good as I can hope for then I think the way forward will be to use the Little Wizard 2 to detect any larger metal that has been concealed and then drill through all of the holes anyway, just in case. That's pretty much what I have been doing anyway up to now.

I've looked at plug cutters, but for now I don't have any large holes to deal with so I've got that on the back burner.

Thanks again

Back