Workbench completed(ish)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good job. Looks Solid and more fancy than mine. You have skirting in you're workshop :eek:

You must come from the posh end of town :wink:

I think the very least we can all say about this bench is that it looks an awful lot better than nobbly little thing Tommy Walsh had put together in his "Ultimate" Workshop!

Nice one, well done. A decent workbench is never quite as simple a project as it may at first seem. I inherited mine from the previous owners of our house who left it here and that suits me fine for now. But there are so many different ideas, each person will have to find their own preferances - quite frankly, I think I'd find the task quite daunting at first! But it also seems you're not going to neccesarily find a good quality bench at an easily affordable price either (flicking through the Rutlands and Axminster catalogues...)

Best wishes to your new bench :) :) :)

I put a back on the last bench I built to stop tools dropping off the lower shelf. (it was only cardboard from a large carton) it also works by soaking up any dampness and hopefully dries off just as quickly.

Thanks for the kind words.

You have skirting in you're workshop

You must come from the posh end of town

I wish, my workshop is the spare bedroom.

put a back on the last bench I built to stop tools dropping off the lower shelf. (it was only cardboard from a large carton)

I now have a couple of shelves on the bench and some drawers, but i do need something to cover the back, fed up of my tools disapearing over the back and crawling through shavings to find them :lol:

Matt.

Back