Workbench Advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliant. Much needed smile.
Heres a tip. Put a 'friction krab' in your leg loop and thread your descending rope through that after your fig 8 so in effect the rope you're holding is now angled upwards.
It's a bit weird at first but works great and is part of most irata rescues.
Technique and tricks are the way forward mate. Look up irata rescue off a hard link. Bit of string and some cunning direction of forces an is eye opener. How I can lift a 20 stone casualty off his ascenders is all technique and not strength. :D
Irata examiners always give me the fat 6 footer to rescue to prove a point to the new guys doing level 1s. Look at the little fella go! :( Sadists.
What's ML training Sam?

Also. Planing upside down just Involves rotating the wood. 8)

Sorry for thread diversion. Been a day. For all of us I expect.

Mountain Leader. I got mine 30 years ago; my main examiner was Dawson Stelfox of Everest fame.
Fully get you re rope technique, my best buddy on the hill is ex-Snowdon Mountain Rescue team First Aider. He ice climbs for pleasure and reads climbing guides to relax (!). He's shown me a few nifty tricks over the years.
Best phrase ever heard on an (unroped) scramble: " panic upwards lad, panic upwards"

Sam

Back