Work trousers - not baggy ones! Any suggestions?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bm101":3oal5qs5 said:
Dear god man, you need to keep the patina.
Not in this area of interest, you don't... That 'patina' is how you end up with things like typhoid and cholera. You should read The Lancet a bit more often, I think...

Bm101":3oal5qs5 said:
Whatever next Tasky? Buying Burberry Overalls and working in a common necktie rather than a cravat.
"Working"?
Ohhhh, you mean like my valet? Har har, I almost fell for that one, eh!!! You cunning swine!! =D>

I have to ask, What is your Job. Your boss says you can't wear jeans. You destroy trousers in two weeks. If the job is that rough, get your boss to provide suitable workwear. Bonus is, you can also claim tax relief on washing them!

Bourbon it's not that rough in itself. I do rope access (abseiler to most people).
It just wears clothes out in the wrong places from how most clothes are designed. Quite often you'll be holding yourself in place with your leg wrapped round a metal pillar or be using your toes under concrete window ledge. The harness abrades by itself.
The pricier ones are just made better and fitter for my purposes. More's the pity.

working in a common necktie rather than a cravat.
For safety reasons, you should not wear a common necktie when using a table saw - they have a habit of getting caught between the blade and the riving knife.
It is for this reason why the commoners that are our colonial cousins have removed their riving knives

Bm101":2yumc5wj said:
Bourbon it's not that rough in itself. I do rope access (abseiler to most people).
It just wears clothes out in the wrong places from how most clothes are designed. Quite often you'll be holding yourself in place with your leg wrapped round a metal pillar or be using your toes under concrete window ledge. The harness abrades by itself.
The pricier ones are just made better and fitter for my purposes. More's the pity.

There are various companies that make hard wearing trousers for the arboricultural industry that are designed to be warn with a harness and have very thick tough material and extra patches all over the place
Failing that carhartt double fronted logger pants are designed for American forestry workers so should easily put up with it just don't know how comfy they would be with modern leg loop harnesses

I Used to teach Abseiling when I was a scout leader many moons ago. Bit different from your situation as I was mostly stationary on a belay line. I used to put the line around my shoulder then though a descender, I used an old denim jacket but that still wore a line where the rope dragged. I did put some thin leather on the top and that worked for a while. The Petzle 'Jump' harness I had, (no longer produced) had padded adjustable leg loops and belt and that was Very comfortable So much so I could wear it all day and not realise I had it on. Hope you find something at a reasonable cost, And get your employer to pay for them!

Hlsmith":berkgmfk said:
Bm101":berkgmfk said:

There are various companies that make hard wearing trousers for the arboricultural industry that are designed to be warn with a harness and have very thick tough material and extra patches all over the place
Failing that carhartt double fronted logger pants are designed for American forestry workers so should easily put up with it just don't know how comfy they would be with modern leg loop harnesses
Chainsaw trousers?

They would work pretty well of you ended up sat on the tablesaw :)

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

No plenty of climbing trousers without chainsaw protection when only using a hand saw for pruning and light reductions and inspections

Just bought a pair of Dewalt work trousers from Screwfix, nice and comfy with plenty of pockets (including ones in the knees for pads) and really heavy duty fabric so should last a while.

Not cheap at £40 a pair but they are smart and I look the part to the customer when turning up on a job.

Latest posts

Back