Work Space

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi Guys

I'm a new member here, so forgive if this forum is not the correct platform.
I live in Stirling (Central Scotland) and have restricted my wood butchery (skills?) to home improvements in the past. I wish to embark on some cabinet-making projects for the first time in 20-odd years, but have nowhere suitable to work.
Does anyone know of reasonably priced workspace in my area?

Thanks

Hello Taz
While i do not live in Scotland, I presume that the local council may rent out workspace's as they do here in England. As I say I don't know for sure but it may be worth an ask.

Bean

Hi Taz,

Welcome to the forum, let us know how you get on with the hunt for space.

I visited Scotland on a weeks holiday a few years ago and, as visit to Stirling Castle was on the schedule my wife said we must go. Unfortunately the nearest the bus company got us to Stirling Castle was pointing it out on the distant horizon from one of the near bye motorways.

CC

What can I say about the local authority without being sued.......
At one time Stirling was full of non-business workshop space. As a Jubilee gift, Stirling was awarded city status by Her Maj. Since then every spare brown-field site in the area has had housing parked on top of it. The local authority are only interested in filling their shopping centres to capacity, and building a "town (city) centre expansion" area for which they are unable to find business tenants. Nobody else is remotely interested in this expansion, and the very picturesque "old town" is becoming more empty each week.
The Castle is well worth a visit if you ever get the chance CC. There is a room full of medieval wooden carvings (currently being restored) which are simply stunning. The Great Hall (http://www.northernlight.co.uk/site/projects/Stirling Castle Great Hall/internal large.htm) has a reproduction 16th century hammerbeam roof, all constructed using 16th century methods and tools.

Thanks for the welcome(s) Guys. Hopefully someone will be able to help with my search soon.

Taz

Back