Work in progress

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi guy's........just thought i'd post a couple of pics of a cradle i'm working on just now. i now know the material i was lucky enough to be given is beech. its obviously still work in progress, and i'd appreciate if anyone could maybe suggest a different method for the sides and ends............i did have dowelling rod in place but i must admit i didn't like the look it was giving so i ended up cutting it out. i dont really want to go down the road of spindles............. just to be different.

DSCF0789.jpg

DSCF0790.jpg

Kenny.

Hey Kenny, that looks great fella......you just don't seem to slow down your production rate!! Wow....I'm just knackered watching you!!

As for different ideas for sides.....what about some really nice light fret work.....maybe showing some nursery rhyme?

Just a thought.....

SimonA

simon...........you've given me something to think about, it hadn't even crossed my mind to use fret work........thankyou.

Kenny.

Looking good so far, but you need to be careful with fretwork on a project like this - you don't want any holes or angles where a baby could jam fingers or toes. :shock:

Back