Work and Turning dont mix

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j1mbr0wn

Established Member
Reaction score
Couldnt get home in time to register as being ready been away, usual story should have done it earlier in the month when i was home.

Good luck everyone looking forward to seeing the results.

I'll wait and post mine once everyones is up.

Jim

Hi Jim ,I can sympathise with you on that score , I am retired and have very few distractions from my hobby (apart from health ones) that is. So I can make and sit by my PC until the right time arrives to press my entry button .
I wonder would it be possible to have a kind of holding place or whatever the term is so that you can make your piece and post it where it will be held untill the final posting date arrieves.
Of course you could only have one entry chance and that would be final . It's easy for me to go on about something like this especially with my expertise on the 'puter .
What do the powers that be think of this and more importantily could it be done. Having said all that I am not one for changing rules just for the sake of change ,there could be many reasons for not changing if so you can tell me to Bog Off or consider it by putting it to the forum .

boysie39":2tcl19ux said:
Hi Jim ,I can sympathise with you on that score , I am retired and have very few distractions from my hobby (apart from health ones) that is. So I can make and sit by my PC until the right time arrives to press my entry button .
I wonder would it be possible to have a kind of holding place or whatever the term is so that you can make your piece and post it where it will be held untill the final posting date arrieves.
Of course you could only have one entry chance and that would be final . It's easy for me to go on about something like this especially with my expertise on the 'puter .
What do the powers that be think of this and more importantily could it be done. Having said all that I am not one for changing rules just for the sake of change ,there could be many reasons for not changing if so you can tell me to Bog Off or consider it by putting it to the forum .

Allen (Blister) has always been happy to post entries on other's behalf (which can be sent ot him in advance) as have others in the past.

Jim's referencing the 'ready' deadline, which can be done when ready ....

Having missed it by 37 minutes (from his post) the powers that be might also invoke rule 1 - designed for such situations. A pm to Blister from Jim seems apppropriate...this is after all about the turning at the end of the day (and apparently baking in this instance... :cry: ) so 37 minutes is relevant, but unimportant.

Back