WORDPAD

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Wordpad
For some reason the program " word pad " has disappeared from my programs (not in accessories either).
I can get the program to load if I type wordpad in RUN.
Can anybody please tell me how to create a shortcut for this program or get it back to accessories. (notepad is there OK)

You should be able to go to the Accessories folder in the Start menu, right click on it and select "Create a shortcut".

You will then need to point to the wordpad.exe file which should be on your C: drive. The correct path depends on your operating system. You can search for the file before you create the shortcut, if you know how.

Start > Search > Files or Folders

search for 'wordpad' and in the results list it gives you right click the icon for wordpad, choose ' create shortcut' and it'll prompt you to create it on the desktop as you can't create the icon in the search results box... or something like that

jim

THANK YOU JIM and all others.

I now have my beloved wordpad back ( on the desktop this time)

There are some very learned persons at this site :oops:

DevonWoody, if you still want to move this shortcut into the Accessories folder in your start menu you can click on the shortcut (on your desktop) hold the mouse button down, drag the shortcut over the start button and navigate (still holding the mouse button) to the accessories directory. Once in the right place let go of the button. Et voilà, shortcut moved.
Note the shortcut on the desktop will still be there. Do what you wish of it :wink:

Back