Woohoo!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerrybhoy70

Established Member
Reaction score
Finally got my cast off. :D

The broken & cracked bones have healed without the need for surgery, just need the ligaments & tendons to follow suit.
Back next week for an injection into my tendons (I feel an ouchy moment coming up :cry: ) which should speed things up a bit there.
As for the ligaments, it's physio & time that'll sort them out.

Overall, I'm a happy bunny at the moment.
Full approval from the doc to do as much turning as I like, and can start driving again.

Now to find the time to switch the lathe back on.
Probably do a couple of things this weekend - just for practise, of course. :roll:

Glad to hear you're on the mend. From related experience with surgery on a tendon, the one thing you need to do above all else is to be obsessional about any exercises the physio gives you. According to the guy who helped me, the best recovery he had ever had was by a guy who repeated the exercises every 3 hours throughout the 24 for several weeks. Didn't do much for his sleep, but worked a treat on the injury.

Good luck

Thanks for the advice Dick.
I need to get it fully operational again, cos there's so little motion in it just now and my grip is awful.

Got physio next Wed, and the injection next Friday.
For a change, I'll actually do as they tell me. :lol:

Hi Gerry

How long till you get to break the other one ?

sorry I mean how long till you are playing again ?

I am a avid footballer , yes twice a week for me regular as clock work

Every Saturday and Sunday at 10

I get all kitted out ready for the off

Match of the day 1 and 2 , Great , Then in the shower

And off to bed

Bliss :mrgreen:

Hi Blister.

Looks like I won't be playing again. :-(
A grand total of far too many injuries to the wrist mean it won't take any more.
Broken scaphoid twice, broken radius & ulna once, cracked radius twice, torn ligaments a few times & several tendon injuries. And that's just the right wrist.

However, there's always the coaching side.
The plan for 2012 was always to go through my first 3 goalkeeping coaching badges, so in a way I'll still be involved.

So, as of March I'll be going through the badges and see how far I get with them.

gerrybhoy70":3fedfrrj said:
Hi Blister.

Looks like I won't be playing again. :-(
A grand total of far too many injuries to the wrist mean it won't take any more.
Broken scaphoid twice, broken radius & ulna once, cracked radius twice, torn ligaments a few times & several tendon injuries. And that's just the right wrist.

However, there's always the coaching side.
The plan for 2012 was always to go through my first 3 goalkeeping coaching badges, so in a way I'll still be involved.

So, as of March I'll be going through the badges and see how far I get with them.

Wise decision and I hope all goes well with the coaching =D>

Back