woody practicing again

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
placing my coffee table picture on this site as a practice run.
john.jt

I placed img after a bit of text.
I was then never given an opportunity to place any file or folder, so I typed my url and then img again at the end.

Help

Code:
[quote="devonwoody"]placing my coffee table picture on this site as a practice run.[img]http://homepages.tesco.net/john.jt[/img][/quote]

Devonwoody, to link to a picture, the file extension would normally be .jpg or .gif or similar, looking at the URL you have typeed above, it ends with john.jt - I think you must have missed a bit of the link.

I've been to your page, and if you put the cursor over the image, right click the mouse to get properties, and then highlight and copy the URL you get this url

Code:
http://homepages.tesco.net/john.jt/gardencoffeetable.gif

which if you put between image quotes like this

Code:
[img]http://homepages.tesco.net/john.jt/gardencoffeetable.gif[/img]

gives this

]
gardencoffeetable.gif

Adam

Dev,

URL wasn't complete

gardencoffeetable.gif

Rgds

Noel

DW,

You've got the page URL instead of the piccy one. :( If using Windoze, right click on the piccy, then "properties" then copy the given address. It'll probably end in ".jpg"

Cheers, Alf

Doh. (to us all posting at the same time) not to you having trouble with the links system.

Your message squeezed in before mine, and I was replying to ALF's post!

Adam

gardencoffeetable one word. No gaps.

Rgds

Noel

Excellent, now onto the next stage......

Rgds

Noel

Does the piccy title always come up as no gaps, I am sure when I saved the picture I would have tyuped the spaces?

Anyway, I am a verry happy bunny after all that.

Gots lots of pics !!!!!

devonwoody":3kysn944 said:
Does the piccy title always come up as no gaps, I am sure when I saved the picture I would have tyuped the spaces?

Anyway, I am a verry happy bunny after all that.

Gots lots of pics !!!!!

When you upload it, many pictures are stored without any spaces etc, in teh titles, often as the server is a unix machine (not that you see any difference from a user perspective). No matter what you call it on your home PC, you should always get the URL by getting the picture on the internet, and then rightclicking to get properties. Like This...

From your website put the cursor over the image and right click brings up this menu...

31859532.jpg

This brings up a properties box like this...

31859533.jpg

highlight the URL which will have the exact name of the image, as a computer sees it

31859534.jpg

then right click whilst over the highlighted text

31859535.jpg

then click copy, and then paste between your "img" tags....

Adam

To Adam

What a gem you are. I think I will have to print this one out, I don't know if you have the same problems has me but 3 months down the road these days I've forgotten who my last girl friend was!!!

Back