Woodworking Shows in Scotland

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mike,

There is normally 'the scottish woodwork show' which is held annually in the SECC in glasgow around mid march.

Jean Burhouse located Perth sometimes have an inhouse show usually september or december.

I'm not sure if Grapian Power Tools do one or Highland Industrial supplies but they are quite near you contact them for show dates if they have any.

try and go to Axminsters Tools 2004 via a cheap air flight to bristol or exeter, its a good day out and they will post any biggish items you buy

regards
Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the info. I will give both Grampian and Highland industrial a ring.

I had been thinking about going to the Axminster show and had decided that a 1200 mile round trip was a bit to much unless i stayed down there for a day or two, but flying never entered my mind. This changes everything and i will be going. Any idea how long the flight takes?

Regards

Mike.C

Mike.C":1rgwhrqj said:
Any idea how long the flight takes?
Regards Mike.C

Just have a look on the websites, I flew to Aberdeen not so long since from Gatwick, and from memory, it took 1hr15mins, although the flight times was marked as a bit longer I think, maybe 1hr30mins. From Glasgow_Edinburgh to Bristol would be about the same time I'm sure.

It's actually quite a nice flight as you can see the Lake District, Peak District, etc on the way up, if the weathers good, which makes a nice change as normally we fly south on holiday.

Adam

Not sure if they fly aberdeen to bristol or exeter but they do from glasgow/edinburgh flight times are around 1 hour, check the net for details
I went last year and spent an overnight, well worth the effort
Ian

Hi Ian,

No there is no flight from Aberdeen to Bristol, at the moment that is, because luckily from November 1st 2004 (just 3 weeks before the show) Eastern Airways will be flying there twice a day. Which means that it will be a piece of cake to get to the show.

Now all i have to do is convince SWMBO that i need some extra goodies if she is to have any hope of me completing the jobs she wants done.

Regards

Mike.C

Latest posts

Back