Woodworking show report (HolzHandwerk, Germany, 2004) *PICS*

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christian A.

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I just registered in this forum (see thread in the OT-board) and as there seems to be some interest in the pics I took at the „Holz und Handwerk 2004“ woodworking show in Nürnberg, Germany, I decided to post them. As the pics were taken in 2004 some of the tools that were brand new at this time are almost old today.
Although I called this post “show report” it isn’t really a report, it’s a collection of pics. The show covered a wide range of tools and machinery which didn’t get my interest (for example, CNC machinery) because I’m not familiar with this kind of stuff.

I hope you enjoy the pics as I enjoyed the show.

A shot of the Festool booth:

DSCN0392.JPG

The new Festool OF 1400 router:

Improved dust collection, extremely simply router bit change due to an integrated ratchet, toolless copy ring change, etc.

DSCN0366.JPG

The new TDK cordless drill with a very short chuck (you need special bits). Available in 12 and 15,6 V:

DSCN0364.JPG

The new Festool Precisio pull push (trimming) jobsite table saw:

DSCN0362.JPG

New Festool WTS 150/7 ROS with 7 mm stroke (for aggressive sanding):

DSCN0401.JPG

RUWI – an innovative stationary routing system. This is neither a shaper nor a simple router table, it’s a table which holds up to 11 special router motor (exclusively designed for table use). You can change from one to another router within seconds.

The small unit:

DSCN0359.JPG

Working at the large one:

DSCN0354.JPG

The Mafell Duo Dowel tool (looks like a biscuit joiner but uses standard dowels, the tool drills two holes at the same time):

DSCN0373.JPG

DSCN0371.JPG

Flexible guide rail for Mafell circular saw (a 1400 mm rail can be stored in a Systainer along with the saw):

DSCN0370.JPG

An Altendorf F 45:

DSCN0379.JPG

Martin’s pendant:

DSCN0388.JPG

The SCM booth:

DSCN0391.JPG

A Panhans shaper:

DSCN0382.JPG

Isn’t this a nice Kundig sander?

DSCN0389.JPG

KBM sander:

DSCN0380.JPG

A wood turner at the Magma booth:

DSCN0408.JPG

That’s me looking at the Festool router:

DSCN0395.JPG

I have even more pics to share but the download time was already as long as a good cup of coffee.

Thanks for looking!

Christian

Thanks for that. Interesting pictures, especially the 11 router router table. Never have to change a cutter ever again....

Noel

Latest posts

Back