• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Woodworking magazines

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbigblue

Established Member
Reaction score
With the nights drawing in, I am looking for some woodworking magazines with which to while away the evenings when I don't feel like going to my workshop.
If you have any surplus ones lying around which you no longer want, I would very much like them. I am happy to collect if reasonably close to Solihull, West Midlands, or pay postage if you are further away. I will also make a small donation to St Mary's Hospice in Birmingham for each bundle of magazines.
Many thanks

I have some that you can have for postage. all at least a couple of years old as i switched to a kindle version around then. will pm later with what have

With the nights drawing in, I am looking for some woodworking magazines with which to while away the evenings when I don't feel like going to my workshop.
If you have any surplus ones lying around which you no longer want, I would very much like them. I am happy to collect if reasonably close to Solihull, West Midlands, or pay postage if you are further away. I will also make a small donation to St Mary's Hospice in Birmingham for each bundle of magazines.
Many thanks

I've been going through my Furniture and Cabinet Making collection and there's a lot of issues that I just don't need. I'm happy to let them go to a better home - I'm not too far from you. There's issues between numbers 100 and 192 - maybe 40 or 50 of them? I've still got a pile to go through to decide whether there's anything I want to keep them for (another 30/40 issues).

As a Villa fan I'd be happy to see a donation to the Acorns charity.

I've been going through my Furniture and Cabinet Making collection and there's a lot of issues that I just don't need. I'm happy to let them go to a better home - I'm not too far from you. There's issues between numbers 100 and 192 - maybe 40 or 50 of them? I've still got a pile to go through to decide whether there's anything I want to keep them for (another 30/40 issues).

As a Villa fan I'd be happy to see a donation to the Acorns charity.
Bill,
Lovely. Will be more than happy to donate to the Acorns charity.
Thank you

Let me get a few together and I will message you you you as to when you may come and collect them from Great Barr.
Errr... How many would you like?

John :)

Let me get a few together and I will message you you you as to when you may come and collect them from Great Barr.
Errr... How many would you like?

John :)
Hi John,
I will take whatever you have available. Although not new to woodworking, most of what I have done previously could hardly be considered anything other than 'functional' and definitely not 'beautiful'. I want to get into the finer side of the craft, so any cabinet / furniture / turning magazines would be very welcome.
I also have some other magazines to collect from the north of the city, so would like to try to do both collections in one trip, if at all possible.
Thank you.

Ah, magazines, them were t'deeys.
I wrote for Good Woodworkingfrom the Jan 97 issue until Nick Gibbs left, and thereafter for British Woodworking until Nick's accident. I still write for LegnoLab in Italy. I enjoy the writing, I just wish it were more valued! :)
Enjoy your reading, and think of us poor, poor authors as you do so :)

Back