Woodworking magazine PDFs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Been meaning to put this link up for days; Woodworking magazine is offering their first two issues in PDF format, available to download via their Blog. Free, gratis and for nowt. No affiliation, etc etc.

Cheers, Alf

Shouldn't this post be over in Handtools, given the magazine's affinity with that ilk? :wink:

Alf,

Thanks, I have bought the 2nd and 3rd editions but the first was sold out. #-o
Lots of good sound ideas for doing things better, even if some of the tools do use wiggery amps. 8-[

frank":1jf9ofto said:
but it tells you how to use a dado :shock: on the t/saw . 8)
frank

Does that mean the magazine shouldn't be allowed into Europe? :wink:

frank":19223rcp said:
Which is the other reason why I posted here and not amongst the sensitive blossoms on the Hand Tool board. :roll: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

ydb1md":98jmy4ec said:
frank":98jmy4ec said:
frank

Does that mean the magazine shouldn't be allowed into Europe? :wink:

It means that the magazine can be imported into Europe, but only provided it is fitted with a CE marked after-market guard! :D

(Which would probably make it impossible to open or indeed read, but at least it would be safe!!!) :?

Taffy
(Who has just had a surreal conversation with an Insurance Company Surveyor regarding guarding a machine - non-woodworking related). ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :sign3:

taffy did the insurance man say if you dont take the machine out of the packing box and dont plug it in he might just insure it :D :D :lol: :lol:

frank

A customer of ours has a machine, which they have owned and operated for 20 years without an accident. The insurance surveyor has now identified a pinch hazard, which he says must be guarded. The pinch hazard is not severe - even if you were dopey enough to stick your finger in there, it would get bruised at worst.

We tried pointing out that having carried out a risk assessment, that the hazard was low grade, historically there wasn't a problem, and that guarding would: -
a) make the machine almost impossible to use at all.
b) would create more pinch points, therefore increasing the hazard rather than eliminating it.

He wasn't having any of it (which makes me wonder what is the point of risk assessment, if you are just going to ignore the results?)

I suppose at the end of the day it all comes down to our ridiculous compensation culture - he is just trying to avoid having to pay out a couple of grand for some eejit getting a black fingernail once every 25 years.

Makes me wonder how long it will be before all hammers come complete with a guard - I have had a couple of black fingers from missing the intended target!

That's it - rant over. Normal service will be resumed shortly!

A disgruntled and disillusioned Taffy!

Back