Woodworking course in oxford??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The course in the link above is held at oxford cherwell valley college- I believe some of you might have gone there before so whats it like (held a bash a while ago)?
I never knew it was there but thank god its in walking distance! Trouble is smaller institutions get overshadowed by the University!

Why not give Peter Sefton a try? OK..he's a little bit further afield at Upton-on-Severn but it's very pleasant drive through Burford and Stow.

His workshop is extremely well equipped and he runs a wide range of excellent courses on all sorts of topics.

The only problem with Peter Sefton's courses is that he is too far away. I am in Oxford a the moment so naturally I'd rather walk for 15minutes then 40-60miles! I guess I could get a bus but it would still take more than an hour and I doubt it would go directly or anywhere near Peter Sefton's school

Another vote for Peter's facilities after attending the woodturning bash.

Would it be possible to get the train to Worcester or Malvern and then a bus into Upton on Severn ?

Steve

Think it would be an all day job Steve and a remortgage the house on the funding stakes in fares.

Your right Chas as I've since looked on the Journey Planner website and it's over 2hrs journey time

Steve

I'd love to go on your course in Easter but the problem is that while I am at Oxford I am still studying so I need to be there for every-week day. The woodworking course in oxford is an evening course which means I can do this while studying

I've looked on your website and I am pretty sure the dates for the Easter course conflict with the dates of my study:

MICHAELMAS TERM Thursday 22 September - Tuesday 20 December

HILARY TERM Tuesday 3 January - Wednesday 4 April

TRINITY TERM Monday 16 April - Saturday 7 July

(these are the dates I need to actually be in Oxford)

Hopefully I'll have a job next year so I can set my holiday dates to those of woodworking courses!!!

I thought I'd let everyone know that I've signed up for the oxford cherwell valley course in January. I might take some pictures then if anyones interested and let you know how it goes

I'd be interested in hearing whether you thought it worthwhile as I have considered the course at OCV, but at present I am not back from work in time to attend, but hope before too long to be working a bit closer to home so do let us know your thoughts.

Back