Woodworking Competition - The Results!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, can I firstly say that when I started the thread I never realised how difficult the end task of deciding upon a winner would be - After the sharpening event yesterday Myself, Chris Smith (Chrispy), Matthew Platt (Matthewwh) & Peter Sefton discussed at some depth and length the pros and cons of all the entries.

One thing that we did all agree on though was that the quality and diversity of the boxes completed for this competition were astounding.

Before announcing the winners though I would like to take a moment to say that the competition has done exactly what I had hoped for in that it got people here on the forum talking, discussing the WIPs, challenging their abilities, trying things they maybe hadn't done before and producing an end result that anyone should be equally proud of.

As there were only six completed entries in the end, three in each class (How we would have judged more we do not know!) we decided that whilst there would be an overall winner in each category - professional and amateur - the other entrants would be deemed as runners up.

So here we go:-

Class I - Professionals making a living from working with Wood

Overall Winner - Roger Boyle
Runners Up - Carlb40 & MelindaDD

Class 2 - Individuals enjoying woodwork as a hobby - Beginners to advanced

Overall Winner - Andersonec
Runners Up - Racers & Bobscarle

All the boxes were truly excellent - well done for completing the challenge

Congrats to the winners, hats off to the runners up. Six impressive looking and skilfully built boxes that anyone would be delighted to own. Envious.

Well done to everyone, and thanks to Roger and the other judges. Inspiring stuff!

Well done to all.

Could I make a suggestion that we add photos to a gallery somewhere along with the platings, if we do this each time we do a competition it would give us all something to brag about.

~Nil carborundum illegitemi~

:oops: :oops: :oops:
I Really wasnt expecting that result after I saw the other boxes
Mant thanks to the judges and everyone else involved and in particular to Dodge for organising/suggesting the competition

There was some outstanding work achieved by all the entrants and in my book we were all winners..

Roger

RogerBoyle":18j4nwdp said:
:

There was some outstanding work achieved by all the entrants and in my book we were all winners..

Roger

Hear Hear Roger, without any doubt you are all winners in my book too!

Well done to the winners.
I realy enjoyed making my box... and feel slightly lost now its over.
Looking forward to the next one.

I would like to add my thanks Roger for organising the competition and also the judges.

Well done to the winners. No, well done to everybody! The standard of workmanship of all of the boxes was unbelievably high. I really enjoyed taking part and my box has already gone to another home (hope she likes it).

Now, what are we going to do next?

Congratulations to everyone who took part, the standard was excellent. Also, thanks to all of the judges for giving their time with particular thanks to Dodge.
Neil

I've no idea what Dodge has got lined up next but I think I will have to enter just so he can't ask me to help judge again, twas a very difficult decision to make well done everyone! =D> =D> =D>

Congratulations chaps.

Now when is the next one :D

Pete

Congratulations, I have searched but can anyone link me to images of the boxes?

Congratulations to all participants, thanks to all who gave their time and those of us that observed I am sure we all appreciated your participation.

Brilliant work by all organisers and participants, I've been watching the WIPs with great interest, learnt a lot in the process and have been mightily impressed with the quality of what was produced. A big thanks you to Dodge for orchestrating the whole thing, and the judges for giving up their time to make what must have been a very tricky decision - to misquote a large bald cooking judge "assessing quality box making, can't get tougher than this!".

I might even be inspired enough to enter the next competition!

Well done to all concerned

John

Back