Woodworking clubs/groups

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidc1075

Established Member
Reaction score
I am relatively new to woodworking, a couple of years ago I couldn't cut a piece of wood straight and then I would always cut it too short. I went to evening classes and got my City and Guilds. Now I can cut straight and to the right lenght but there are lots of skills which I am missing. The course work at college has been drastically cut over the last few years according to the tutor. I am confident at first and second fix carpentry but I would like to be a little more creative, I have made a bedside cabinet in Ash recently which I really enjoyed and built a workshop which I have tooled out. I have used this site extensively to try to get the be possible pieces of kit that I can afford and really like the reviews that have been posted. I know I will only improve by practice, but, when things do go wrong as they do to everyone but Norm, then asking someone else who has been there helps. So to get to my point does anyone know of a woodworking club in Essex where I would be able to ask all of my stupid question.

David,

Why not ask them here?

I have asked questions about stuff I was having problems with and got answers that helped me solve the problem. 8)

I do remember Charley helping out with setting the depth of cut on the cheap biscuit jointer I had bought. :lol:

I have also tried to answer a few questions. :shock:

I am sure that all of the members have made mistakes (or they have never made anything :roll: ) and most are quite willing to try and help out someone with a problem. :D

David, the only person who thinks that their questions are stupid is the person who is asking the question, YOU. I am sure that there is not one person on this forum who will think that your questions are stupid, and if there is, then he or she should find another web site because their attitude will be of no help to any of us.

Go on ask a few questions, you'll soon get the hang of it, and before you know it you will be answering other peoples questions.

Right i have got to get back to work now. This is getting really bad, because lately i find that i am making excuses to myself about just poping in to the office to see if there are any emails, and the next thing i know i am on Ukworkshop when i should be working.

Regards

Woody

Frank, I have already been to night classes at Barking College but I have finished my two years there. Thanks for the idea though. David

davidc1075
I feel your pain. I too had no one to bounce my questions off of. I have made all of the mistakes at least once, some twice. Since using this and other forums, I make a lot less mistakes. The people are very helpful....
Just don't be put off. Fact is I may be able to help having come down the road you are on.

Travis

Back