Woodworking clothing...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shady

Established Member
Reaction score
Sort of on topic, I guess.

If any of you, like me, hate wasting money on good clothes that then get ruined in the workshop (glue, dust, grease, oil, paint, varnish etc etc etc), then take a trip to your nearest 'countrywide' store. I wandered in to the one in Witney today: they sell the 'Dickies' range: generic jeans - £11... 'Action trousers' (silly name, but a supposedly very tough sort of nylon/cotton appearance, with zips on every pocket for security), reduced from £16 to £11. Perfect for all those workshop/gardening tasks - and unlike screwfix etc, you can try them on in the changing room before you buy. Best value I've found, and they appear thoroughly practical: at this price, I'm almost willing to buy and then bin rather than bother washing them.. 8)

Cripes! - even better - but I bet you can't get 'castrating rubber bands' in tescos... :)

In a similar vein, Asda's basic Sweatshirts (for Men, before you ask) at £3 have proved usefully disposable for workshop use. I don't like to think who's losing out for them to make them at that price though. :?

Cheers, Alf

P.S. No 'castrating rubber bands' in Asda either, Shady. Sorry. I won't ask why that's important to you... :-#

Hah! Just part of the agricultural fun in countrywide (for sheep, if you didn't know). I mean, I went in today, and where else do you see notices warning you about a local outbreak of 'strangles'?? It's like owning a farm, only without the backbreaking labour.. :)

I always were tracksuit bottoms, nice and comfortable, and still good looking if you have to quickly go out to the shops to get something

Jeans can get really sticky went it gets a bit warm, But i also have to admit that the wife is really good in washing stuff, so it doesn't get ruined that much (except wen using the angle grinder and cut of some steel, sparks have ruined some jumpers :twisted:

McLuma

Shady":2mbn31tf said:
I mean, I went in today, and where else do you see notices warning you about a local outbreak of 'strangles'??
I hope you disinfected your footwear before you came in here... :shock: :lol: But yeah, I like the occasional visit to similar temples of agricultural endeavour myself. It's evident we notice different things though... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Shady":e2538se8 said:
Cripes! - even better - but I bet you can't get 'castrating rubber bands' in tescos... :)

Wouldn't be surprised if they stock them in the future though :)!

Alf":e2538se8 said:
But yeah, I like the occasional visit to similar temples of agricultural endeavour myself.

Nothing like a trip to Mole Valley is there Alf?;) Or maybe that doesn't make it as far west as you.

Cheers

Gidon

Ive got some of those paper overalls and slip on shoe condom things

Pain in the bum to get it all on but it sure does keept SWMBO off my back for walking sawdust all throught the house. :roll:

Signal

Awwwww guys.

You know how hot and sticky it can get in July and August? Well, I'm just grateful I've got my own private workshop at last. That apron can get sooooo unbearably warm. Sometimes, even the flip-flops feel oppressive.

Gill

:twisted:

I sometimes wear my best clothes in the workshop. This is to ensure I don't do any work that might dirty/stain my clothes.
Unfortunately, the Missus tells me that approach does not work and that I am a lazy git who doesn't bother changing when he comes home from work and runs straight out to the garage..... :roll: :lol:
Does anyone know how to get pink lacquer out of a tux? :lol: :lol:
MadForIt :D

Philly - don't go there again, you pervert.... :D

Gill - I'm getting an image here - but oh - the injury risks... :wink:

gidon":1g0it35q said:
Nothing like a trip to Mole Valley is there Alf?;) Or maybe that doesn't make it as far west as you.
It's all Cornwall Farmers round here, apart from the odd M. A. Grigg.

Gill, those would be the steel toed flip-flops, I assume...? [-X :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Latest posts

Back