Woodworking channel

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt1245

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm having problems with the video on the woodworking channel. The first bit plays(the heath and safety bit) but then i just get a black screen or a sign saying video loading one moment please, where the video should play.

Is this a problem with my pc or with the woodworking channel?

Thanks.
Matt.

I get something similar.
"Your connection has been lost, click to reconnect". Every time.

It was fine in WMP 9, but fails in WMP10 and WMP11. I have automatic upgrades on and, since a recent one, at least I get and intelligent error message:

"WMP cannot play this file becasue one or more codecs cannot be found"

Unfortunately, it's not intelligent enough to tell me exactly which codecs it can't find, so I can't download and install them manually. I've tried emailing the channel, but had no answer.

I really rather miss it.

I find it to be a very variable experience. Sometimes I can't get the video to play at all. Most of the time it works fine right until the bit you actually care about seeing.

I thini it depends what time of day you're trying to watch it.

I get something similar.
"Your connection has been lost, click to reconnect". Every time.

It was fine in WMP 9, but fails in WMP10 and WMP11. I have automatic upgrades on and, since a recent one, at least I get and intelligent error message:

"WMP cannot play this file becasue one or more codecs cannot be found"

I don't get any error message, just a blank screen or the video loading screen. It always plays the health and safety bit tho. I had wmp10 and it worked fine everytime until about a week ago, now got wmp11.

thini it depends what time of day you're trying to watch it.

I have been trying it at all times with no luck.

Thanks
Matt.

try running the site directly from Quick time, works really well and you can re-size the screen if you want. Not just Full screen or a tiny window.

Lee.

syntec4":340etm9f said:
try running the site directly from Quick time, works really well and you can re-size the screen if you want. Not just Full screen or a tiny window.

Lee.

Error 108 - An unknown error has occurred.

:(

Works fine on my wife's laptop :(

syntec4":lf9bnjd5 said:

With Windows Media Player, you can get straight to the video without the website if you want too.

Fire up Windows Media Player, select 'File -> Open URL' and then paste in the following URL

http://viewers.multicastmedia.com/viewe ... id=3000568

In case the URL changes, here's how to get a new one... Go to the website... wait until the saftey video is finished and then click the eject button under the video plugin. You now get a choice of three different video streams to choose from. Pick the one you want and the video starts up again, Now.. right-click on the video and then select properties from the menu. Down at the bottom of the properties page is the Location URL that WMP needs.

Hi all,
I have the site on my computer, but I can also get it on crafty tv .com Steve Maskery, I did put a reply on a post of yours about that on Jan 14. You didn't reply so I don't know if you got it or not.

HTH, cheers, sliver. :)

Lee, i tried it in quick time, i get error 2048:the file is not a movie file.

Fecn, i tried it in wmp and it just crashes.

Think it's time to give up for tonight ](*,)

Matt.

Sliver
I did see your post and humble apologies for not replying. I've been otherwise engaged :)

I get exactly the same error.

The annoying thing is that my wife's laptop works fine (same OS, same WMP) but obviously the drivers are different. Something is different, anyway.

Not happy about it.

Just ried a few other web video thingymebobs.

DIY network gives me this error report :

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. If the file is located on the Internet, connect to the Internet. If the file is located on a removable storage card, insert the storage card.

Youtube videos work fine.

Matt.

Steve, no problem mate, I just wondered if you'd seen it & if it was any help at all.

I emailed jason howard but got nothing back. The site crew did however,they put the info in manually & things have been o.k. since.

cheers, sliver. :)

Real player and Quick time have a browser built in so you go file open and paste in the woodworking channel they should work like internet explorer, but a firewall may stop things and need setting to allow them to act as a server. why they work and not IE i do not now.

I had the same problem while using Firefox for a while - worked fine in IE6 but just a black box after the safety warning in Firefox. To solve it i downloaded a Firefox extension called IE Tab which runs an IE shell for the WW channel page and it works fine.

Dennis

It loses my connection when I try to run this. I emailed their help line and they suggested it may be a firewall or anti-virus or ad-blocking software. I've tried running with these off but to no avail. Strange things computers!!!
The wood whisperer and utube work fine.

Hi all,

I have run this via IE embedded MS Media Player 11. I have used FF2 embedded.

Now I have been running this using a free opesource utility found at

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

It supports Win, Linux, OSX etc. and is free.

It has high quality video output and you can change the range of video plying from 4:3 to HDTV ratios.

Plays DVDs too.

It is easy to install and works really well. :D :D Minimum juddering etc. - far better

Hoorah!

After my success with HPs Live Chat Support yesterday to sort out my DVD drive, I thought I'd try to get this sorted.

Connected to a real person in seconds, who knew what the problem was. Click one check-box, problem solved.

In Internet Options:Advanced, all the boxes under Multimedia should be checked. All were, except for one whcih said

Show Image Download Placeholders

Checked that and the world was streaming video heaven again.

Cheers
Steve

Back