woodwork tv programs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
We have just been given one of those digital boxes for a christmas present, are there any woodwork programs around where this box can be used?

forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think the only one left is NYW on discovery home & leisure... weekdays at 2:30pm. Talk about targeting for an optimum audience.. sheesh....

On the H&L forum some time ago one of the forum admin said that the 2004 series of NYW and TOS would be shown later in the year.
It's 'later in the year' now and no sign of these programmes yet.
From a good channel with a varietty of woodworking programmes they have become 3rd rate and only appear to be interested in showing old channel 4 property programmes and hour after hour of fishing.

I had a long chat with David Free of "Great British Workshop" fame recently-he was well peeved with Discovery! Said "all they care about is bl##dy property ladder" type programs.
So I guess we've had it. Unless Discovery change their mind again.
cheers
Philly :D

I'm surprised nobody's approached D.C. with an aim to producing a series of master classes.

Philly":2w07p1gi said:
I had a long chat with David Free of "Great British Workshop" fame recently-he was well peeved with Discovery! Said "all they care about is bl##dy property ladder" type programs.
So I guess we've had it. Unless Discovery change their mind again.
cheers
Philly
Try registering on their forum like a few of us have then telling them how bad the channel has become the last few months.
http://www.homeandleisure.co.uk/_home/ then select 'forum' at the top.

dewy when they said later in the year did they say what year . :D

frank who told ntl not to take any more money for the tv channels and saved a few bob . :p :p

Philly Wrote
Mike-they have, Lie-Nielsen!!!
Birds of a feather, eh?

<thunks....

mannnnnnnn what was I thinkin....

what I meant to sayyyy.... was that maybe asking him to demonstrate what to make with the super sharp blades.... other than tissue thin shavings....

His books are excellent.... but there's always points where words and a few pics dinna quite get the point over that he's trying to make...[/i]

Mike,
Sorry, was being a bit pedantic there....... :lol:
Funnily enough, was speaking to the nice Mr C. at the Tools 2004 show. One of the things I said to him was "lets see more of your finished work", as all we are shown is his techniques, not the applications. His reply-"I'm too busy teaching and writing to finish pieces off". Damn! But he did have a nice rosewood table on display, though.
So there you have it (and a perfect excuse for those who spend all their time fettling planes,etc)
cheers

Philly":cormqcai said:
Funnily enough, was speaking to the nice Mr C. at the Tools 2004 show. One of the things I said to him was "lets see more of your finished work", as all we are shown is his techniques, not the applications.
S'funny, I've been thinking that recently too. Not necessarily finished pieces (after all, who am to talk? Don't answer that...), but the application of the tuned up tools to actual joint making and so forth I used to enjoy in F&C.

Cheers, Alf

I have emailed H&L a couple of times to vent my anger
at the removal of late night woodies :x

It's obviously done the trick :roll:

TX

frank":3ipqidtv said:
dewy when they said later in the year did they say what year . :D

frank who told ntl not to take any more money for the tv channels and saved a few bob . :p :p
H&L have finally given the date of the 2004 series of NYW.
You were right about 'what year?' Frank
It starts on 10th January 2005, just in time to follow up with the 2005 season.
Wonders will never cease.

I have just upgraded to Sky +. It is wonderful, it is now set to record every episode of NYW, and I can sit down and watch them in teh evening, even if it is recording something else at the same time.

Fantastic bit of kit - highly recomended! :D

taffy dont worry if you miss one it will be repeated and so on and so on, to infinety and beyond sorry i got carried away then :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Back