Woodwork related tattoos??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawdust=manglitter

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been itching for another tattoo for a while and would love a woodwork related tattoo, but struggling for inspiration of exactly what to get. If anyone has any woodwork related tattoos i'd love to see photos :D

This is not mine (my skin is virgin and unsullied), but what you had in mind?
Conkle_TAT_tuto_too2.jpg

Lots of nice graphical imagery you could pick from, like the plane silhouettes used in a few logos. Very easy these days to find something that could be the starting point for your own design or to copy directly.

But first thing I thought of was something practical. I don't know if you have the relevant real estate clear still but how 'bout a forearm rule? Adam Savage got one earlier in the year (here) which has probably done most to make them a thing, but he's not the first person to get one. Here are others that might provide inspiration:

L7PomrJ.jpg

The old classic of a ring of barbed wire around the upper arm/bicep replaced with a bandsaw blade.

Fitz.

Just make sure it will go very blury, and that you will deeply regret it, before haveing it lazered off.

Pete

Get a push stick tattooed on each index finger. That way you'll always them to, er, hand and be completely safe, right (homer)

Ron Swanson's face.

Or a tattoo that says "my sharpening method is the best, and every other way is wrong"
Is there any better statement that sums up wood working right now?

:)

El Barto":20jsx1sw said:
A pair of dividers would be cool.

You may be in danger of being confused with being a sailor, and everything that implies - or worse, a member of the Masons.

I do enjoy looking at tattoo fails - it brightens my day to know that whilst I may well be a complete silly person, I'm not as stupid as some.

https://www.tattoodo.com/a/the-25-funni ... -seen-4286

Trainee neophyte":3e2gcsl2 said:
El Barto":3e2gcsl2 said:
A pair of dividers would be cool.

You may be in danger of being confused with being a sailor, and everything that implies - or worse, a member of the Masons.

I do enjoy looking at tattoo fails - it brightens my day to know that whilst I may well be a complete Silly person, I'm not as stupid as some.

https://www.tattoodo.com/a/the-25-funni ... -seen-4286

Cannot. Unsee.

- An incorrect imperial to metric conversion chart on your right butt cheek
- A poorly fitting dovetail joint above your left nipple
- A Festool Domino emerging from flames on your back
- Silverline text on your forehead.
- A bandsaw blade going around your waist, but with a rubbish weld joint.
- A circular saw blade on your shoulder with one tooth facing the wrong way.
- The text 'Biscuit joints add no strength' across your back. Maybe with an eagle under it.

Back