Woodwork related tattoos??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any self respecting woodworker would go the DIY route, surely.
My father had a small anchor on his left wrist that he did himself, aged eleven, with a penknife and indian ink.
I think he regretted it for the next 55 years...

Maybe you are missing the obvious idea Sawdust?
Get a photo of your wood.
Make sure you get it in focus. This can sometimes be tricky at short range so maybe get someone to help. A neighbour? Take your photo of your wood to the tattooist so he gets the proportions, colours and volume in cubic measurement in inches properly correct. You don't want people laughing if you understate your wood in tattoo form. If anything you could ask the tattoo artist to make your wood bigger than it is in order to impress people.
When you meet new people at parties and various social occasions and maybe just sometimes at work you can avoid embarrassing silences and make new friends easily by suggesting that you have wood and got a tattoo of it and would they like to see it and you don't mind showing it off in public if they want to see it.
As I say. Probably easiest to take a photo of it to the tattooist though. Be a nightmare getting all your wood out of your workshop and in the back of your motor and driving it all the way there and unloading then having to do it again in reverse. Especially if the tattoo artist needs several sessions to complete a large tattoo. I still have a bad back from constantly dragging my wood around because it's so large and cumbersome. I don't mind admitting I don't really know how to utilise it properly. Sometimes I feel I'm just knocking out a short term project with no real long term pleasure for me or my Mrs. Take the oak shelving and housing I'm currently building for the side of the new stairs to the loft extension.
I looked up to see her at the door of the shed.
You're taking your time she said.
Well I'm trying to enjoy myself I said back.
There's just so much of it she moaned.
I don't think I can take much more of this.
Well, I said, it's either this or get a professional in, and you know much they charge.
Well at least they would just be in and out quickly she said. Still moaning.

Some people are never happy.
She doesn't even like my tattoo.

H.Studleys tool chest would be a good one :lol: can imagine it'd be quite tricky for the tattoo artist though.

A green circle labelled 'ON', and next to it a red circle labelled 'OFF'. To be placed wherever considered appropriate.

sammy.se":7stzwzdy said:
.......Is there any better statement that sums up wood working right now?.......

"Keep it as long as you can as long as you can". Not sure that would be an appropriate tattoo, though, if that isn't an oxymoron.

Bm101":1e58n6yu said:
Maybe you are missing the obvious idea Sawdust?
Get a photo of your wood.
Make sure you get it in focus. This can sometimes be tricky at short range so maybe get someone to help. A neighbour? Take your photo of your wood to the tattooist so he gets the proportions, colours and volume in cubic measurement in inches properly correct. You don't want people laughing if you understate your wood in tattoo form. If anything you could ask the tattoo artist to make your wood bigger than it is in order to impress people.
When you meet new people at parties and various social occasions and maybe just sometimes at work you can avoid embarrassing silences and make new friends easily by suggesting that you have wood and got a tattoo of it and would they like to see it and you don't mind showing it off in public if they want to see it.
As I say. Probably easiest to take a photo of it to the tattooist though. Be a nightmare getting all your wood out of your workshop and in the back of your motor and driving it all the way there and unloading then having to do it again in reverse. Especially if the tattoo artist needs several sessions to complete a large tattoo. I still have a bad back from constantly dragging my wood around because it's so large and cumbersome. I don't mind admitting I don't really know how to utilise it properly. Sometimes I feel I'm just knocking out a short term project with no real long term pleasure for me or my Mrs. Take the oak shelving and housing I'm currently building for the side of the new stairs to the loft extension.
I looked up to see her at the door of the shed.
You're taking your time she said.
Well I'm trying to enjoy myself I said back.
There's just so much of it she moaned.
I don't think I can take much more of this.
Well, I said, it's either this or get a professional in, and you know much they charge.
Well at least they would just be in and out quickly she said. Still moaning.

Some people are never happy.
She doesn't even like my tattoo.

I have a note from my doctor: "No heavy lifting", so I always get help with my wood.

Here's an unfortunate one in a similar, ahem, vein: It's a baby holding dad's thumb, apparently. https://m.imgur.com/dIGCdmQ The easily offended probably shouldn't look, but it is a bona fide, real tattoo which some mouth-breathing redneck genuinely believed was a good idea to have etched into his/her skin for perpetuity, with the best of intentions. People are brilliant - they never let you down.

Note to self: never get a tattoo.

Also: "Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people abuse the privilege"

Back