Woodturning on download

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OldWood":2asnh65g said:
Will do better than that, Blister - I'll send him the link to the thread, which will of course include your scan !

Keep you posted.

Rob

Well here below is what is said. I've said in part my piece. Can I ask the collective to say their's please. I don't know anything about publishing, but somehow I can't see the maths stacking up if one extracts the postage and printing on a Direct Debit annual sub of £31.50 against less than a £5 saving for an electronic copy - that implies actually that only 40p per copy goes on printing and postage, which is blatant rubbish. I did originally include the retailer's margin in that but realised that the electronic version has to have that too.

In my book the publishers need to be told that the digital version is not financially attractive, and that someone is profiting out of the user's enthusiasm for technology and the our spouse's admonishing's at storing to many paper magazines.

Rob

"Rob,

Mark is currently out of the office, so I am responding in his absence.

Clearly there have been a number of oversights in our recent promotions for the new Apps and downloads.

The prices quoted in the editor's letter are incorrect - they should be £14.99 for 6 issues and £26.99 for 12 issues (not 24). The prices quoted for 6 & 12 months were the old prices before Apple introduced their new pricing structure.

Back copies of the magazine should always have been £2.99 per copy. In error they were priced at £1.99 on the Pocketmags website. This price is the same for both Apple & Android devices, as well as for PC downloads.

The introductory offer of £1.99 is for the purchase of an actual App on Apple and Android devices. Each App comes with one free issue of the magazine.

I hope this makes things clearer.

We really appreciate your feedback, and as a gesture of goodwill for alerting us to these oversights we will be happy to credit your Pocketmags account with two free issues of Woodturning magazine. In order to do this we will need our login/password details.

Once again apologises for the confusion. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further information.

Regards,

Jonathan
01273 402834

>
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Rob Graham <[email protected]>
>> Date: 13 December 2011 11:45:40 GMT
>> To: Mark Baker <[email protected]>
>> Subject: Re: Price of digital download
>>
>> Hi Mark
>>
>> That doesn't really answer the main question and that is the annual pricings, where you've quoted £24.49 for 24 issues.
>>
>> Further the so-called introductory offer of £1.99 does apply to PC downloads - at least it did 3 days ago; and so it damn well should do.
>>
>> You are now saying that individual back copies will be £2.99. That is unreasonable. This is digital download so there is no paper storage for anyone, and no postage. Further if you take the cost per copy of an annual Direct Debit subscription that is under £2.60.
>>
>> I'll wait for your response on the annual digital cost, before posting on UKWS, but I suspect that there will be significant mutterings there about an unreasonable pricing structure with respect to the paper copies.
>>
>> Regards
>> Rob

Latest posts

Back