Woodturning books

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just take advantage of this thread to slag off one of the nation's bigger bookshops. I had some time to kill the other day and wandered into Blackwells for a browse. I checked a couple of items and then wandered off to see what they had in the way of books on woodwork ...... not one !! I double checked with their staff that I wasn't looking in the right place and they had to admit that the only stocked Craft books on knitting, sewing and the likes.

Isn't it surprising that most people do their shopping on line!!

Rob

Yes, I was in Waterstones in Glasgow, a sizeable bookshop, the other week, and the only woodwork-related books were a couple of carving ones. I could have bought dozens of books on any number of much more obscure subjects.
I`m still lamenting the demise of Borders, which always had a good selection of woodturning and other woodworking books.
If you like buying books, like i do, you`re now faced with having to take a punt on a likely title online and hope for the best.

Ian

That was the Blackwells that took over Thins in Edinburgh - I'm sure they would have had a far more extensive Crafts section , but maybe that's the approach that lead them to going under.

Rob

Back